"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, July 25, 2011

Leap of Faith

I love LOVE Indiana Jones
L-O-V-E
One of my favorite scenes is in The Last Crusade
It is one of three trials he must pass on his way to the Holy Grail - the Leap of Faith
With a dying father behind him, he knows there's only one way forward
But he's frozen looking into the abyss of a gaping ravine in front of him
He has no choice but to move forward
~ ~
In our journeys we all reach a Leap of Faith moment
that moment where we know we can no longer go back
Where we face the unknown before us
Can sometimes catch a glimpse of where we want to go
But we're temporarily blinded by the seemingly impassable path to get there
I've been there ~ more often than I care to admit
I've also spent alot of time sitting on the ledge choosing to be oblivious
Sitting on the ledge pretending to move forward by perpetual research
plotting what I'll do 'when I get there'
measuring the distance, finding others who agree to sit with me,
dreaming, devising until it becomes so murky
I can no longer see where I wanted to go and tired of being where I am
I try to find the way back
smoke and mirrors
Procrastination

Eventually I become bored sitting on that ledge
(let go)
And just take a step forward
funny how much ground you cover that way
~ ~

If you aren't familiar with the Indiana Jones scene
you can see it here
As Indy steps off the ledge in faith
a previously invisible bridge comes to light
And isn't it like that so many times? 
For all the preparation and inner turmoil
things seem to work out
~
So if you're sitting on the ledge
Move
before it crumbles beneath you
Unless, Indy is on that ledge with you
then for the love of Pete stay there

~ ~ ~
My other loves, 
Lara Croft, John McClane (DieHard), Cap'n Jack (Pirates)

which reminds me
if you had a theme song what would it be?
that one song that would propel you to action
like Indy

4 comments:

  1. Ah, that is indeed one of my favorite scenes in the movie, followed by the quote, "You have chosen....wisely." and then his father saying, "Indiana, let it go...."
    There is so much symbolism in the movie---far more than people capture.
    And my theme song, well, all through my life I have galloped from one mess into another, seeking wisdom only to be smacked in the face by the rudeness of life.....sooooooo......I guess the Theme from the original "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" is it.
    Because I too know when to keep my eyes open, and when they should be tightly closed!

    XXOO~~
    Anne....who DOES own an Indy Fedora.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very well written and oh so true Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.... you can have all the others if you leave Cap'n Jack to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't help but recall the Guy Clark song, "Cape" where he sings of the boy on the roof with a flour sack cape, "he did not know he could not fly, and so he did". But my personal theme song is possibly the Greg Brown song, "Just By Myself".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!