"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fearless Me

This is Me
In 2004 with my first bike
On my first road trip of 300 miles
That felt like 1000
The first time I felt complete satisfaction
Completely whole in the knowledge that I could do anything
If I worked through the fear, the bashing self-talk, the "I can'ts"
getting up, dusting myself off, rubbing the bruises when I failed
Literally heehee

Something about knowing that I was alive after 300 miles
Because I got myself there
Nobody else

This is one of the only pictures I like of myself
Besides being my first bike
And decked in so much leather I look like a seal
It's the fact that my hair looks like a mess
I had bugs on my cheeks and teeth
I was shaking like a leaf 
I don't think I rode over 35 mph most times
But I was proud
And that smile was genuine
as I thought to myself "HA! I did it!"

Before you think I've lost my mind
I needed to pull this out today
and reconnect to a time when I was fearless
I needed to find my center and remember not to give into fear

Because if I don't confront Fear and work past it
I'm bound to miss alot of potential adventures
and moments of complete satisfaction


8 comments:

  1. Excellent Elena, great post and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the four letter word that defeats fear and it applies to what I think of your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a triumphant photo!
    Fear is debilitating, true.
    I hope you release it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you're a lot less fearless then you give yourself credit for....yep, i'm calling you out :)

    if you were a chicken, you never would have come to wisconsin and stayed with a complete stranger.....xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yin and yang sides both represented here on today's blog post. Maybe you need both. You have already proven you can conquer your fear. You need fear so you can conquer it and take pride in that. Ha! Take that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you wild woman you...harness the fear and tame it to be you energy baby...pull from pass experience you have in you it's just been stuff don't by way to much trash...time to pull it out.. and get going going Gone with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous biker!!!!! HUgs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are my HERO!!
    I love your desire for adventure, you inspire me.
    I hope to have my own bike, maybe this coming spring 2012, with any luck.
    Thanks for sharing your story!!!

    Debbie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!