"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, November 4, 2011

There you are

On Halloween I watched a scary movie
Girl lays in bed, turns head and man-ghost is laying beside her
Girl runs to closet down the hall, man-ghost hidden in clothing in front of her
Girl locks self in bathroom, man-ghost standing behind her
This reminded me
~
When I used to say I want to run away, some people would tell me
'wherever you go, there you are'
And respectfully smiling, I'd wonder...What? I don't get it.
Of course wherever I go, I'll be there. What??
Is this like a trick math equation problem?.
Yeah, I'll be there but for now I'm here and I want to be there.
(insert raised eyebrow giving them strange look w/ slight smile- thinking 'nutjob')

But
BUT - BUT - BUT
I think I got it
In my case I wasn't running from a bad situation
The restlessness I felt had nothing to do with external conditions
I could be married 10x, change jobs 100x, move 1000x

I could try to drown the restlessness
Or surround myself nightly w/ head banging music at parties to deafen the yearning
Or flip through relationships like changing socks
Or demand the doctor look again because something's wrong
but I wasn't addressing the internal issues
the Me inside
so long as I chose to ignore Internal Me
nothing would ever change

'wherever you go, there you are'
now means
Wherever Physical Me goes, Internal Me follows
Damn
This would have been helpful if I had known an internal me existed
I know it now
I know that when I'm feeling restless that it's time to take a look
at what Internal Me is trying to tell me

Sounds like New Age hoopla or witchy-poo-isms, right?
It can't be that easy
Well, it's not. Trying to work with Internal Me is the hardest thing to do.
Sometimes I don't like what it's trying to tell me
Sometimes it's too damned scary and seems unattainable
But each time I follow Internal Me's guidance
I uncover clues and treasures; some hidden deeper than others
Sometimes I pray for a road map...or a translation book

A funny thing happens when I work with Internal Me
My external conditions seem to respond
I attract different friends or situations
My current surroundings don't seem as bleak
Doors open...and some close

No longer craving to silence the restless yearning
I listen and question what it is I really want
I tweak a little here or there
Like tuning in past the static to a favorite radio station
I lean a bit to the left and a bit to the right
Sometimes losing the signal all together
And banging my head against the wall
And as such I dance along to Life on my path
Armed with the knowledge that I'm not alone
~ ~ ~
By the way, here's the one step I took so far on my artistic quest
Used one of my favorite quotes
'Just when the caterpillar thought it was over it became a butterfly'
anonymous

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You shared your beautiful art with the world. Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!

    Scary movie? Not for me. I'm a total chicken.

    That saying, "Wherever you go..."
    Yeah, I know that one. Heard it years ago. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this voodoo insight has been coming forth from you lately and I love it. Is it Halloween related? Are you going to turn into a turkey in few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! It's that internal you that can guide you, comfort you, and be your safe place in life. But it ain't easy--true. When I dig to find out what is REALLY bothering me...it's often hard to face, or really sad, or scared...but once I know it, face it, see it--things get better. I know what you're talking about. It's not new age hoopla to me. ;)

    I LOVE the art piece and the quote is fantastic!! Is that a bookmark? Or is it larger than it looks? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting Elena now known as "The Butterfly"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good, listening to your own restless yearning and learning to hear what your inner self tells you. We continue to learn from all this, I hope I never stop learning. You help me to learn more about myself from reading of your search. restless yearning. Is it contagious? I have it too;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!