I've been making great strides on the Artists Way
Taking large steps forward, falling, crawling,
doing the drop and roll and popping back up with a few leaps throw in
Proudly I looked at my imaginary battle scars
secretly believing I had become a better, and stronger, person who
could handle just about anything that came my way
But true tests have a way of knocking the wind out of you
Today I heard my friend Anne of El Milagro is facing a battle with a bad disease
The news didn't sink in; I told her I would request prayers
I told her I'm here for her
And then the news took me out at the knees
I panicked
She is my first 'girl friend'
the first one I let in when I started taking down
the slabs of stone I had carefully built around my heart
The fact we met here is astounding
It led into long conversations with us laughing and choking and laughing some more
I met her in person and found a true jewel
We were going to have a full weekend of playing in the studio next week
And all I could think of as my heart pounded on my chest was
"I don't want to lose her!"
I cried, then became angry at the useless doctors, and cried some more
Then I looked for those slabs of stones
so I could start to rebuild the wall around my heart once more
I stood in the pile ready to build
And felt a deep sadness
Knowing that I have made other friendships
Had Anne not kicked down that wall with the Doc Martens
I wouldn't have opened up to the others
So is it better to hide and not know love
or to feel love and the pain of potential loss
My Mama said that the vibes I am sending are no good
"Pick yourself up and send her love" she said
So I am
My heart is broken but the pieces can still send love
And if you can send her positive and healing energy
Perhaps those energy cells in her body will rev up
and kick the crap out of the disease
I am allowing myself to wallow in the sadness just for today
I am human after all
But tomorrow
Tomorrow I will arm an energetic attack to support my friend
Sending both of you hugs and love. Karen
ReplyDeleteExcellent idea Elena. Let us all be sad today but, THEN.....time to stop thinking about our own sadness and be there for Anne! Our sadness is natural bit it will do her no good.
ReplyDeleteAnne and all who love her are in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know.
ReplyDeleteI feel exactly the same way today. Nothing is more important than to expend all our positive energy in her direction.
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm right there with you and Anne, Elena! Sending all my love, Silke
ReplyDeleteelana, anne is very dear to me. we are friends.
ReplyDeletethe love you and she have for one another is so clear and deep, i can feel it in every word you've written here. please know my love and prayers join you and so many others in caring and if and when needed, carrying anne.
i know she would tell us to kick ass. that is a skill i will gladly cultivate for anne.
please email me anytime, elena ♥
love
kj
Elena: Anne is getting lots of prayers from many artists and their followers as it should be. Having a bonafide friend is so pure and wonderful. I will pray for both of you. That you would find peace to give to her and that she will lean on those that love her at this time and find comfort.
ReplyDeleteOma Linda
Love and prayers to both of you! :)
ReplyDeleteBuild a wall of love that will encompass all you hold dear. It won't be a barrier, instead it can be a place in your heart to fill with compassion and hope. That is what Anne needs now, our love, compassion and hope. I spoke with her this evening and she is full of determination to kick ass and beat this thing. I have no doubt that if anyone can, she can.
ReplyDeleteRight with you...
ReplyDeleteA worthy friend.
ReplyDeleteOf course the sadness and fear are there, my Friend. This is a sad and scary situation. But the Love and all your friendship has meant to both of you is there as well.
ReplyDeletePutting a ring of love and light around both of you and your beautiful loving hearts. With no wall there, the light and love will flow right in...
Elena, I love Anne to bits, and I am praying right along with you and her other friends here. xox! Pam
ReplyDeleteDear Elena,
ReplyDeleteOut here *in the West*, news travels a little slower. I, too, am a good friend of Anne's....we share a love of the Presidio, the outdoors and the Arts. I want you to know I am already saying prayers for this amazing, feisty, yet sensitive woman. When you talk to her...please tell her that I am here for her....to talk to - any hour of the day. She has my home phone....we will be her ARMY of LOVE AND STRENGTH...we're going to help her *kick ass*.
My home e-mail is: Lilacrobin@att.net
Thank you for being there for our Anne.... we are with you too...sending love and strength.
♥ Robin ♥
My prayers are also being sent to Anne the beautiful Scythe Woman. I remember doing a post on that and she loved it. So to Anne, let it be known that prayer's and healing thoughts are being sent to her. ::hugs::
ReplyDeleteThank you, my new BFF, for sending me the e-mail. I am heartbroken. I am angry. Anne has been the best friend in the world to me. FC (if you knew Renee). Big Love, Deb
ReplyDeleteHi Elena.
ReplyDeleteAfter speaking with Anne yesterday, I feel better about everything. She is loved by so many of us and all our strength is being poured into her. She is already one strong lady and has the best positive attitude about this. If anyone can beat this ~ she can.
Your love and friendship for her are obvious in your words. We will all continue to stand strong for her, together.
♥ audrey