"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Word makes itself known

It wasted no time 
Popped into my head demanding attention
As usual I fought it-told it to go away
It reminded me that I did the same the previous years

 Officially this will be the third year of picking a word
instead of the crazy new year resolutions
one word that supposedly brings a fresh perspective
Instead the word picks me
Like a message from Spirit that says
this is what we have planned for you
be on the look out and learn

2010 was Trust
no secret I had trust issues
and I blindly agreed to stay w/ a blogger in Wisconsin
ignoring the 'stranger-danger' messages from family
and discovered great people there and in those
I became friends with by phone
I learned to trust in my guidance

2011 is Love
I fought this one long and hard
not a big believer of Hallmark love
but instead I learned the power of love
in family, friendship, illness
That there is a love more pure than what Hallmark can sell

2012 is Passion
I fought it for a couple weeks
And like the past couple years
It is making itself known everywhere I go
So I give up
I am embracing this new word
And the lessons it promises to bring

I am amused at how these are unfolding
Trust led to Love led to Passion
each one opening the door a bit more
before passion kicks it wide open
interesting indeed
~ ~ ~

“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.”
 Joss Whedon

4 comments:

  1. I like your words and how you chose them, or rather, how they chose you.
    I did that for the first time in 2011 and my word is Shine. I wonder if I will keep it for 2012 or if I will be sent a new word. I am a writer and a Christian so shine really suits me.
    "Without passion we'd be hollow", you picked a great word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my 3rd year too.
    2010 was Expand. That didn't go so well. Too busy grieving my mom.
    2011 was Leap (I let you pick that one for me!). I've been thinking that was a bust too but, looking back it's really not.
    2012 Live. I'm going to start by reading "Life is a Verb" after Christmas. I'm really liking the feel of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in for it now!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!

    Seriously though, you chose a great word. Er... should I say, a great word chose you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met you online in the year of love and plans are forming to meet you in person in the year of passion. 2012 is shaping up to be a year to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!