My 11 yr old son and I decided to try creating an oil painting for my mom's birthday in January '09. He is much more creative than I and painted this landscape from his imagination. We had alot of fun working on it. No rules to follow, no idea how to start/finish. Just played. To clarify though, this is his painting. I just watched over his shoulder. Why is it he took about 30 minutes and I took hours on my gate?

Elaena,
ReplyDeleteIt's Mary Warner, Sister Turtle from artist way.
You've got a gift - you know from all our readings that we all do - so try not to be so hard on yourself. Don't look for yourself too hard; you are there!!!
What wonderful art the two of you have created.
ReplyDeleteElena,
ReplyDeleteYou should believe in your creative energy. You definitely have talent and I think if you just let go and not worry, you could create some awesome pieces. Just remember what Cameron says in AW: God, I'll take care of the quantity, you take care of the quality. Just have fun with it and you'll be surprised how much c..p you produce and how many gems! Every artist creates c..p, that's how we learn and move to the next level. Best of all, gesso can cover anything. Keep at it!
He's done a beautiful job!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful painting and a beautiful imagination. What a wonderful birthday gift. I know Grandma was thrilled!
ReplyDeleteElena, take a deep breath! Relax, it will come. My God you have talent, stop being such a harsh judge. It took Nicolas 30 minutes because he is non-judgemental and free. He gets his gift of creativity from you--remember that!! Let go and let it flow. I think you are trying to hard. You have so many supporters and people who love you, please know you are worthy!
ReplyDeleteI think that was a great painting you and your son did. The colors are awesome. Just thought I would backtrack on a few of your posts. It's a way of getting to know you better. I love that sky with all it's fluffy clouds.
ReplyDelete