"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Drawings

I started taking my first drawing class with Lois at The Center late last year. She has taught me so much since then. Sneaking a peek at April working with ink inspired me to give that a try. I loved it! Today in class was our first plein air. I tried drawing a tree stump but had lots of trouble. A tail would have been helpful to swish the gnats away while I drew. But it was a good learning experience. I came home and took a look at my progress...and (this is hard for me to admit)...I'm happy with it so far. But I don't draw if I'm not in class. I need to work on that. Anyway, here's my progress....from egg still-life to stump. :)



















7 comments:

  1. You have a very good feel for drawing. I really like the texture you have created in the trees. I am glad you are posting your drawings. They are very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you very much. Can you tell I have a thing for trees?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drawings are beautiful. You definitely are a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!!! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just blow me away... wonderful
    ~v~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all wonderful, Elena. ...and I get to see them in person! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did know that eggs are extremely difficult to draw? And you've rendered them very well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!