Can you tell I just created this blog and am back-posting? I figured this is a good place for me to post my thoughts and drawings for my personal review. I can't call it my work. It doesn't feel like "work". I can't seem to get over the hump of feeling like this is a waste of time - to pursue art. I started out pretty good with The Artist's Way but now feel like I'd rather do anything but art. But I feel compelled to move forward with it. Aarrrgghhh....my head is spinning....
Anyway, here's my ink drawing of my first Christmas card I created in Lois' class at The Center in Palos in Dec '08. I drew my bike first and hubbies behind it (ha! ha!). The house started from a magazine photo I had cut out in Jan '08 when I created by first vision board. Funny thing is that a year later, I moved into a home similar to the one in the photo. Sure not as regal, but very similar. During the move I found my vision board, and was surprised to see how many things actually "came true". Well, except I didn't learn to play the guitar...yet.
Elana, what wonderful work. You must keep going. When going on The Artist's Way journey you come up against resistance to change. That's what you are feeling. That means its working and all you need to do is keep going. I'm so proud of you for starting your blog.
ReplyDeleteUta, thank you. I suppose you may be right. That's what it feels like - resistance. I feel like a kid dragging her feet going to the dentist. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog.
ReplyDeleteI think you need to draw a guitar!
ReplyDeleteI missed out when you passed these out in class, remember? Do you still have an extra packed away? It's great!
ReplyDelete