"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, July 17, 2009

Evil Eye

I mentioned wanting the artists to come to my home to bless it with their creativity and positive energy. But how do I protect myself and my home from the negative energy? I've mentioned before about disliking phony people. The people who can sugar coat and give you the phony smile but whose eyes still hold that ugliness if you look closely.

I used to be pretty good at protecting myself from these types. But in the last year or so when I started opening myself up more I realized that I also made myself more vulnerable. When I'm around people like this I feel antsy, cranky, restless then I start doubting myself and feel very tiny. I feel dirty.

August 1st we're having our first house-warming barbecue. (You are more than welcome to come and if interested just contact me). Anyway, I found myself getting the antsy feeling when I found out some of the wives were coming. Of course they HAVE to come because of their better halves. One of them already made the comment about coming to be nosey. Wanting to see what we have. What's that even mean? What's the difference? Can't someone just visit and have fun. What the hell is the difference what someone has or hasn't? It's not going with when you kick the bucket so what's the difference? Why this whole comparison game?

Uggghhh, anyway I was already being poisoned by the mentality and found myself walking around looking at things with their eyes and finding fault. Hmmm, maybe I should tone down this color or buy a pillow or good plates. Then after the tribal elders left I realized I momentarily lost my way. I don't decorate my house. I surround myself with stuff and colors that make me happy. Who gives a (bleep) whether something fits a decorating mode. The things in my house fit because I like them. Period.

But way in the back of my head I'm bothered about having these people in my home. Negativity brings me down. And phoniness does so even more. You don't have to like me but don't pretend to like me. Don't come up to me and hug me and give me the smile while your eyes are shooting poisonous darts at me. Why oh why do I attract these people so? The world can be a tiring place sometimes.

Perhaps it's time to pull out the crystals and drape myself with stones to ward off the evil eye! Or figure out a way to ward off these things and cleanse my home and land when they leave. Maybe a chain of garlic or even an electric dog fence...hey if it works on vampires and dogs....

Ok ok I'm being dramatic. I suppose I'll just keep my distance and hang around those I do like. But definitely keep away any alcohol which shouldn't be a problem because I don't drink in front of my son. Whew!

6 comments:

  1. Phew,is right! Slow down! The negativity comes from within. You know that your house and garden are beautiful,you know what is there pleases you,you know you are good and kind and gracious. Your home reflects who you are....and it is beautiful.... the home of a woman who is an artist...it says...artist!artist!artist! I think you look to measure yourself against others.
    Jump in...good food,beverages,flowers,music,your graciousness,your smile and a hearty welcome to our home is all that is needed. It's what you offer to the world, not what the world does with it..you have no control over that...A few crystals and bells wouldn't hurt..keep the enegry flowing in a positive way..When you call those women phonies..you are judging them(maybe fairly) but that is negative energy coming from inside you....let them be what they are and you go on being the light in world you are sister Elena. Good luck,though you won't need it...another aside...when I said "you got it"...I meant it...you are a charming pretty young woman...so there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suz, thank you so much. It's funny but I kept thinking of your necklace and the tinkling it made and how you said it's to clear the energy. Everytime you moved I had a mental image of a little garden fairy fluttering about adding happiness and color to the garden with its little wand (what can I say, I'm visual). I'm going to look for a necklace like that to remind me that you are right. I am drawing out the negative energy from within. Bless you for making me see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that story! And I want one of those necklaces too! And I just came across this quote again -
    "Always be yourself because the people that matter, don't mind - and the ones who mind, don't matter."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get really angry when people are mean to me, or someone else. I never understand it. When I was younger, I don't remember when, my dad told me to have or feel pity for them. That these women don't know that this behavior doesn't do anything good for them, pity them that they feel the need to be fake...when really they could just be themselves instead. Or they might not know who they even are, and just act ways out of habit or perceived social rules.

    It made letting go of other people's behavior easier for me. Because no matter what they do, you can't change it. No matter what anyone else does I can't change it. I can only change what I choose to do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. April, I love the quote. It's true.
    Stevie, always love your comments and your dad is very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena, as a person that doesn't have a beautifully decorated house, it used to be hard for me to have people in. Then I just had to think more positively about who we are and not what we have and not worry about what people might think. At the shower we gave, the house looked pretty nice in spite of the old formica and ugly scratched floor in the kitchen and old carpet in the fam room. You just have to think differently and hope that people can accept you for you and not judge you for things. It's the celebration that matters whether it's a party or get together of friends. And we had a great time at your home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!