I met Rita, an artist, at the door. She was handling her own open house that day. When I shook her hand it was an immediate surge of "something" - I felt as if I'd known her before. And the house - I can't describe the feeling - as if it were alive and happy to see us. Like my Jazz gets after she hasn't seen me for a few hours (and she insists it's been years).
Once we decided to try buying it, everything fell into place easily. My hubby's condo sale was finalized, my condo was rented and we moved in. I still wake up and think - I don't know how.
-------------
Go back one year to January 2008 - I heard about Law of Attraction and thought well it sounds cool and what do I have to lose. My son and I made vision boards and I decided to cut out pictures of things I liked and pasted them on a board. The board was put aside and forgotten for a while. While drawing my Christmas card that year I realized I wanted to draw a house behind our bikes so I pulled out the board because I thought I had cut one out that might work. As I was drawing I realized that house was similar to the one I eventually bought. Sure not as grand but makes you wonder........


Anyway, I know I've posted this on the AW blog before but I'm adding this here to keep track.
The Road
A journey of uncertain steps
Fear and Worry my traveling companions
We travel this twisty, gnarled path
Cowering along the side of the road
Self pity and self loathing making us invisible
We trudge along, eyes kept low,
Following the path we believe we should
Hardly looking at where we’re going – we merely exist
Yearning for a place to call Home
Sunny patches and laughter raise our eyes
Temporarily stopping us in our tracks
My companions leave for parts unknown –
Could it be? Did I find Home?
Shadows soon gather, summoning my companions
And together we continue our journey
Reeled by death, we are stopped in our tracks
I lash out at Fear and Worry with Anger and Self Destruction
The familiar path is gone – replaced by endless tumbling
I land at the bottom – confused and alone
I am empty – too numb to attract my companions
There are different people here – why do they see me?
Why won’t they leave me alone?
A new sense of freedom discovered riding the winds
My companions replaced by those I cannot see
The gentle guides who lovingly whisper,
“Lift your head and trust the world”
New friendships formed – I finally belong
A gentle urging to drive to parts unknown
At the end of a road it stands
It has a soul, it breathes hope and love
Like a mother with open arms
And within I find the rarest gem
With a handshake I feel that our paths have crossed before
And everything seems okay
Here is where I belong
I have found Home
Truly "meant to be". Your poetry is beautiful. I hope you've framed it for one of your walls.
ReplyDeleteYou are a divine poet. The words are so filled with wonderful metaphors (and deep feelings and emotions). You are certainly a diversified creative being.
ReplyDeleteI too believe in the Law of attraction and vision boards. After reading your post here, I will doubly make sure I work on visioning my own dreams. It can happen.
Your house looks like a wonderland.It looks very similar to the drawing (which is divinely done, I might add). May try to make this plein air outing with the rest of the gals. Otherwise, maybe a future visit.