"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Is Law of Attraction true?

I know I said I was giving you a break from the questions
But I'm oh so darned curious about this
Since I've been spending more time around my family
I've been able to study them closely and see how very different we all are
Which leads me to the question

I was recently listening to an audio talk by Abraham Hicks in the car
They mentioned something about illnesses
How mindset can lead to diseases (sorry bad paraphrasing here)
And how we often stay sick because we're so focused on the illness

Now I'll admit I find this hard to believe
Because it sounds too easy
It's like saying "I can cure my MS by not focusing on it" although I suspect there's more to it
And how do you not focus on an illness if, besides the pain, you have to remember
every detail of your treatments, history, medicines, doctors, etc

And yet
I study my siblings
The healthiest one is the one who doesn't care what happens around her
She's happy, minimally stressed, ignores the doctors

The one with the most illnesses (and there are lots) is highly stressed
angry, content, a huge worrier and I love her to death 
but she must have a medical library at home and direct access to every medical site
She has binders with all her medical history
Which is a blessing when it comes to going to the doctor
Because she's an active participant in her health

But
If law of attraction is accurate
Is this over focus why she can't get better

I did the same thing
Although in both our cases I know it has alot to do with the emotional state of mind
Like her, I also ran to the computer for every symptom
The fact that many times we have found things that we take to the doctor
only to find out we were accurate in our self-diagnosis
Well it doesn't make you feel too comfortable trusting them completely
 
So while she continues this habit in the hopes of finding cures
I gave it all up
I threw away all my medical stuff
I don't care about the history anymore
I don't search for symptoms because I've come to the conclusion
I probably have them all
And I'm going to die anyway...it's a given

But I'm still so curious
And oh so fascinated

4 comments:

  1. You have some very interesting and insightful ideas and questions here. I don't know the answer but it is intriguing to ponder. I am giving away a copy of a book about contentment today, a topic sort of related to your post here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder about this too Elena. While I do not believe we create the illness itself...there are plenty of other factors that weigh in...and I don't believe we can "cure" ourselves with "positive" thoughts, our thoughts are powerful, and how we relate to them has a profound impact on how "healthy" we feel, or at least our perception of our wellness (as opposed to our sickness).

    I think that when we act and think in kind and compassionate ways, that kind and compassionate people are naturally drawn to us...and the more kindness and compassion we experience, the healthier, safer and more deeply loved we feel. So that is a kind of attraction that I do believe in...and so of course we must cultivate the same gracious feelings toward our bodies too...and then we will also feel better over all.

    I think this is a really interesting conversation...I'd love to talk to you about it more via email some time.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think about the energy we are all made from and imagine it flowing freely, then imagine the mind creating dams and dangerous build ups of this energy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm.....i'm off to google to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!