"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring...I didn't miss it afterall

One thing I remember from The Artist's Way
is the importance of 'filling the well'
The act of filling that inner reservoir by doing something enjoyable
Giving us something to draw inspiration from

What I wasn't aware of, or shall I say, didn't recognize
Is that this also applies to my life as a whole
Apparently the more you give; the more it depletes that which you draw from

I missed the little signs that acted like the Empty gas indicator light in my car
things like getting choked up over stuff I could normally handle
or parking on the wrong level or being so tired I just pass out
The slurring, forgetting things and not knowing what day it is
Getting sick or arriving at my destination and not remembering the journey

What I didn't expect was the uncle insinuating I was at fault
Nor the call from my sister in law that threw me into a spin
Who in not so many words told me that all my spiritual beliefs
The Reiki, the meditation, the things going on at the hospital
Were all the work of the devil
I should have recognized this for what is was
Instead I found myself questionning the validity of my beliefs
Almost agreeing to the Jehovah bible study she offered

As I drove to the hospital I noticed that everything was looking green
I suddenly noticed flowers and buds opening on trees
I love Spring; love watching the first little shoots
Awed by that seemingly weak seedling break through the ground's crust
Thrilled when they defy the spring frost or pouncing dog's paws
As if saying 'we broke through and you can't hold me back now'
So I was sad to see I had missed it

When the doctor told my Mama she has to get better because it's Spring
She responded 'not for me'
And for a split second I understood; it is Spring for me
Not outside that window but rather inside me
All that is happening has caused something reminiscent of Spring
A thawing; a budding; seedlings...spiritual spring

After my sister in law's call I sat dejected; I heard the scrape of the bottom of my well
Putting shame aside I sent an email to my spiritual friends (ohm family)
I didn't expect the barrage of responses that left me feeling
Like I was overflowing with love (yeah Love)
And within their responses I found the clues
I have reached a point where it's time to get clear on what my beliefs are
Without worrying that I need to define or justify them
Perhaps it's what that priest meant when he said 'you don't need proof...you know'
Because my truth is not anyone else's truth

So today I thank my sister in law for kicking me when I was most vulnerable
It's like the frost that feeds the seedling's thirst in the early morning
Her call prompted my reaching out to the ohm family
And the ohm's filled the well enough for me to see
I broke through and can't go back now

7 comments:

  1. You are one strong, wise woman. Love you. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our journeys have points where we are tested; not by a higher power but by one lower, and seductive, and that speaks soft when we find it hard to resist. And those are the voices we learn to block or ask real friends what they think.
    You have been through so much in the physical demand department that it is hard for everything else to get renewed and rested.
    And you do need to be rested for your mama.
    You've made the right decisions~~I have found those that yell loudest about something not being right are never the ones to *DO* anything. (well, they cause trouble...)
    Be blessed. You have done well.....

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your sister-in-law to get stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome ohm to your sacred self Elena! We must each find our own way ohm and nourish ourselves with the love of kindred souljourners as we travel along our life's path.

    gentle steps

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one way to do is to go through it babe...and you've done just that...it has such meaning for you now then if someone tryed to tell you doesn't it.. still sending Good Orderly Directions to your Mama and you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup. Spring is here. Sometimes it's just not as obvious and you must seek the beauty out. Glad you're letting the light in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing extremely well, Elena! This has the feel of a very sacred journey... Thank you letting me be a witness to it! Much love!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!