Ok, I fully intended on stopping my saga with the last post but well here I am again.
I arrived at the hospital only to find that my Mama looked worse
Her voice barely above a whisper she breathlessly tells me she couldn't breath last night
She starts to get choked up trying to tell me that she's trying to eat but it comes out
Then mid sentence she falls asleep
I choked up and started to cry a bit then chastised myself
Trying to hold back the tears I told myself to get a grip; act don't react
I called the nurse and lashed out
Yeah yeah I know
But I wanted answers
She calmly answers all my questions
I point out every swollen part on my Mama's body
I jot down medications and dosages
My Mama opens her eyes and tells me to apologize; I laugh...she's still the Mama
The GI doc comes in and I jump to confront him
We got off on the wrong foot the other day
when he came in and said we have two things here
1. Call the insurance and find out if I'm being paid
2. We're putting your mom on antibiotics
I couldn't believe it so for the last couple days
I've been arguing with the insurance company
So seeing as how my anger level was still up there I was waiting for him
He strolled in and asked my Mama how she felt
I started with "Let me tell you how she feels!"
"You'd better be giving her 100% and stop worrying about being paid"
"I'm dealing with the insurance now how are you fixing her"
I stood so close I could look into his nostrils and I pumped myself up to look taller (heehee)
I was livid
Her infection is resisting one of the meds so he referred her to another specialist
My Mama whispers to him that she's going home tomorrow and smiles
He tells her why wait till tomorrow you should go home now
and your daughter will take great care of you
as he smiles at me and pats my arm
Two more specialists came in; new drugs; new hope
Keeping my fingers crossed
A priest stopped by to see my Mama and after giving her a blessing I said
"So, I smelled roses the other day"
He asked "Did it bring comfort" I nodded
so he continued "then you don't need proof of anything"
He said a young woman downstairs spoke of seeing
an angel in her room all night and he told her the same thing
I told him 'yep, I have faith in what I've experienced here"
and then the toilet flushed in the bathroom
He finished talking then washed his hands and asked
"is someone in the bathroom because I keep hearing sounds coming from inside"
I said "Nope" and smiled
He laughed and as he nodded his head walked away saying
"you don't need proof"
I asked my Mama if she heard the flush and she said "yep, just like the other day"
The day we smelled the roses
The day I asked the cleaning lady if it was her; the toilet flushed
I tried the toilet and it's one of those push buttons; so perhaps it's a faulty valve
That decides to flush whenever we question the roses
I can't describe the feelings in that room
Something
Something only between my Mama and I
but I saw that the priest felt it
I won't deny I'm scared
My Mama had her eyes closed and said she was looking down at her feet
as if she were standing and could see she was wearing a black dress
She'd open her eyes and say but now I see I'm laying in a white bed
She'd close her eyes and say and now I'm standing in the black dress
My sister took the night shift to be with my Mama tonight
I wanted the night shift
I wanted to see if things are different with nightfall
c-dif is serious and hard to treat
ReplyDeleteit takes a long time to get over
I will pray for you and your mama Elena
Maybe there is a concern over her days covered by medicare...in the hospital...that's the government not the doctor...Just make sure the staff on the floor is taking proper care of her..doing their jobs
So sorry for all this for you...
hug
I'm glad she's in the hospital getting good care.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWe are never alone although we most often do not realize this. How blessed are you and your Mom being surrounded by love, smelling the roses!
ReplyDeleteElena, you are soooo right to be there and be strong (even abrasive if necessary) for her. She needs an advocate and you are the perfect fit! You get her, you love her and you're not afraid to stand up for her. Bravo to you.
ReplyDeleteOn the flip side, dealing with a serious infection is scary. I pray for your mama. I send more and more hugs to you. I wonder if you could do some kind of epsom salt foot soak for her or other means of foot care to draw out infection. If she can't soak them in a tub, perhaps peppermint oil mixed with a carrier oil massaged into the feet and then absorbent socks placed to wick up any infection drawn out.
Stay strong my friend and give your mama a big ol' hug from me. Just tell her it's from someone who cares greatly about her well being and the well being of her daughter.
<3
p.s. I grew up in a spirited house with toilets that would flush on their own on occasion. I've had people give me explanations (non spirited reasons) it could have happened and I may have believed them if it weren't for the record player that would start playing in an empty room and several other "things" that went "bump" in the night.
ReplyDeleteWonder what the significance is to toilets? Perhaps there is significance in water and the spirit wants to get our attention through water. The toilet is a good way to go. Or perhaps they have simply been holding it too long!!! tee hee!
While I don't envy you having a sick mama I DO envy the experiences you are having thru all this!! I continue to pray for you and your mama. And, by the way, in the last week or 10 days the toilet in the bathroom right next to where I sit on the computer has been doing strange things!! Not a total flush but water suddenly running. Now I'm looking at that a little differently!!!!
ReplyDeleteSending you and your Mama love and hugs. Karen
ReplyDeletebe still and be present and know he's got your back...
ReplyDeleteHugs light and love, Beautiful Heart.
ReplyDelete