"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Ghost

“If a man harbors any sort of fear, 
it percolates through all his thinking, damages his personality, 
makes him landlord to a ghost.” Lloyd C. Douglas
~~
I was a bit frustrated earlier this week
seeing the foolish decisions made by acquaintances
wondering just what they're thinking and why they've made such a decision
until I remembered that it is their journey, not mine
what may appear to be a fateful path into the deep, dark woods
may in fact hold that which they seek

Isn't it what I've encountered?
Every success started with a journey into said woods
bumpy, scary, downright soul-bashing at times
and yet I have come out stronger and wiser
So why would I not want that for them -
because I forgot
~ ~ ~

It reminds me that Fear is a good indicator that I might be on the right path
Fear can be like the gatekeeper to that which I seek
Once I turn and confront what it is I am afraid of
I open myself to a path of self-discovery
In following those paths; I discover my true essence
ignoring what my ego dictates I suspect I see with my limit-less soul eyes


I suspect that the things that happen to us are actually happening for us
All meant to teach something
The key is to remember our strength
And isn't it funny that when we choose to run and hide (or duck and dodge)
that the little 'gift' presents itself yet again
as if to say 'the answer you seek is here'
~ ~ ~ ~
“Mr. Meant-to has a friend, his name is Didn't-Do. 
Have you met them? 
They live together in a house called Never-Win.
And I am told that it is haunted by the Ghost of Might-have-Been.” Marva Collins

~ ~ ~
Sorry, ramblings today! 

5 comments:

  1. Yes those ghosts, those monsters, those fears are egging us on, daring us to break through to the other side, to the better self we yearn and need to be...
    But sometimes, I wish they would just go hang somewhere else and let me stay at my seaside paradise where no such crap exists...;-)
    Ride on, Powerful One !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinkin' fear monster. He's really harmless if we just close our eyes and walk on by but so often we forget and we look in his eyes. Then he has a hold on us once again. Until we blink. Until we remember to close our eyes. Blind faith. Eh?
    Rambling. It's contageous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you think...
    and that photo is the bomb!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been by for awhile but now I remember what I've been missing. Good post, very thought provoking. Is that your deck?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!