You know those punching bags with the weighted bottoms?
That's how I feel now
Sucker punched and right back up
I had no intention of returning
Intending instead to live like most of humanity
Oblivious
Work-home-work-home-work-home
Don't misunderstand there's a huge difference between those that do the former
and those that do this
Work-home-LIVE-work-home-LIVE-work-home-LIVE
I didn't think I'd be returning to work yet
But I didn't want to live knowing anymore
But I didn't want to live knowing anymore
In an effort to quiet the mean-spirited mind, I took a ride on the motorcycle
I came home and found all the comments and emails to my previous post
And I was floored and humbled and oh so GRATEFUL
Y'all don't even know me in person and reached out in love to pick me up
~ ~ ~
This one popped into my head while on the motorcycle
It lies ahead in the darkness
taunting, whispering, sneering
threatening with untold horrors
Scaring the crap outta you
Until you're immobile
Then you realize you're just looking at a reflection
of the fear that lies inside
it's okay to move ahead
because you now recognize that nothing has changed
except your perception
~ ~ ~
And this morning after a good night's sleep
I had these images floating around
So many people become victims of their situations
unaware of their potential, their power
blindfolded to the possibilities
locked away
Frustrated at not moving forward fast enough
Unwilling to acknowledge a morsel of talent
I let fear get the best of me and tried crawling back
into the 'perceived' safety of that box
But I quickly found out that once you've been touched by Life
you become too big for the box that once held you
No matter how hard you try
You just can't fit back there
(and it has nothing to do with those ummm..'extra' pounds)
tee hee
Touched by your loving comments
I took off the blindfold
and realized what I was doing
I'll sit here awhile
Feeling the love
Contemplating
Jotting down a to do list
And take it one day at a time
~
I wonder if I can lock Patience in that box
~
I don't know how to Thank You all
so for now
Thank You


Uummmmmm, Patience is a constant companion.
ReplyDeleteFrequently nagging me.
I suppose there is a good reason, but I often wonder in my hurry to do everything.
Patience is one of our angels.....like it or not!
And welcome back~~missed the *real* Elena!!!
XXOO~~
Anne
Ha! We all learn this sooner or later - we can never go back, never fit again in the box we were once in, never unthink those thoughts that have moved us forward, never silence that creative part of us we've giving a voice to. And that's good!! So glad you are back!! Love, Silke
ReplyDelete"Frustrated at not moving forward fast enough
ReplyDeleteUnwilling to acknowledge a morsel of talent
I let fear get the best of me and tried crawling back
into the 'perceived' safety of that box
But I quickly found out that once you've been touched by Life
you become too big for the box that once held you
No matter how hard you try
You just can't fit back there"
It's like you have crawled into my head sometimes. I'm going to print this off and look at it every morning, if you don't mind. You're making me cry and smile all at once. I heart you!
Well said Elena and great images!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous post and how completely brilliant to use the stick figure drawings in such an emotion-provoking way! It's been far too long since I've stopped by, but I'm always sorry I've been away, I love your blog and the heart behind it all :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome home Elena. Welcome home.
ReplyDelete(a little Ty Pennington-ish)
wink wink ;0)
Aho...another Cha-no-nee..."Wonderer of the woods" Welcome my friend...glad you've joined us again..Once you accept the place your in freedom rings true...
ReplyDeleteYAY! I knew you couldn't leave us...
ReplyDelete