Happy Birthday Elena!
Think it's odd to wish myself a happy birthday?
Conceited? Off my rocker? False modesty?
Actually it's me trying something different
~
Ever wonder what a bird must feel
when one minute he's flying merrily along, then
WHAM! he hits a window
stunned he lays on the floor not knowing what the hell it was
he looks up, sees nothing, but knows he's just been stopped dead in his tracks
~
In the past couple of days, it has come to my attention
That I am a bully
I've been carrying around an anger streak for the last month or so
It lay beneath the surface and was wholly self-directed
But the problem is when you don't know it's happening...it keeps happening
Until WHAM! you're stopped in your tracks
it starts spilling out in nonsensical ways
leaving everyone around you wondering if you're wearing the patch
and all you want to do is punch them in the eye as they give you sidelong glances
hee hee ok not that bad (I think)
But it was enough to leave me laying on the floor stunned
wondering what happened
and imagine my surprise when the response had something to do with
self esteem and self respect
I sat up straight? What?! I sound like a freakin talk show!
I lay back down disgusted telling the Universe, "oh now what!"
Then I remembered something someone said about being nice to yourself
So as I grumbled I decided maybe I could try it
I said to myself, you're turning 44
That's a long time to fight with yourself
You're stuck with you so you'd better make the best of it
Besides you're either going to live to 88
meaning you're smack in the middle of your life
meaning you're smack in the middle of your life
or you're living to 50 and almost done
The weird thing is
I may be 44 but feel like I'm reverting to my childhood
drawing stick figures and dramatic-horror-stories (overactive imagination)
(at this rate by 60 I'll be crawling and eating crayons)
but then again, in a moment of feeling like I was walking a parallel path
instead of my true one
I did ask the Great Spirit that I wished to reconnect to my path
I just didn't think I would go that far back!
heehee
Ok so it's not that dramatic (heehee see what I mean)
I remembered telling a friend that lessons keep reappearing until learned
Instead of being horrified that I've discovered I'm an old fart with self esteem issues
I'll figure out what gives
And see what comes of it
Cuz in the end it's all fertile ground
Now....
The weird thing is
I may be 44 but feel like I'm reverting to my childhood
drawing stick figures and dramatic-horror-stories (overactive imagination)
(at this rate by 60 I'll be crawling and eating crayons)
but then again, in a moment of feeling like I was walking a parallel path
instead of my true one
I did ask the Great Spirit that I wished to reconnect to my path
I just didn't think I would go that far back!
heehee
Ok so it's not that dramatic (heehee see what I mean)
I remembered telling a friend that lessons keep reappearing until learned
Instead of being horrified that I've discovered I'm an old fart with self esteem issues
I'll figure out what gives
And see what comes of it
Cuz in the end it's all fertile ground
Now....
I've got no time to waste
Bring on the cake!
Great post Elena, emjoy the momemnt, enjoy the life!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!!! My birthday is Sept. 3rd. and I am turning 56. Age is a funny thing, I certainly don't feel 56, whatever that means. Happy birthday to us both!! Hugs Karen
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Elena! A good gift to self. The gift of kindness. And well deserved too. Now go eat that cake!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday Elena
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! 44 candles on the cake this year, eh? Blow them all out and continue on your journey.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ms. Elena. Being good to yourself is a must....cuz most of the time, we be the only ones who are........arghhhhhh. Oma Linda
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday. You're not an old fart. Give it a few more years for that please! Start off your new year resolving to be kind to yourself. 44, you are just a kid.
ReplyDeleteAround the sun
ReplyDeleteAnother twirl
Today's your day
Birthday girl
Have some fun
Forget your troubles
Sending you
Love and bubbles
Happpppyyyyy birthdayyyyyyy gurl ( i mean gurl)...may u have many more happy years, filled with loads of love and good times & all that u wish for...may life take care of u always & may love never leave u alone :)
ReplyDeleteWishing you the happiest birthday ever!!! And yes, be kind to yourself, love yourself and keep inspiring us!!! Love, Silke
ReplyDeleteWell honey, welcome to the REST of us quirky, delightful, childish, totally-enjoying-the-ride OLD FARTS! LOL!!! (you're still a baby, BTW....just SAYIN'....)
ReplyDeleteMy views the past week have been doing some flip-flopping and for the good.
Sometimes we have to look back with eyes wide open and realize that to move forward it requires self forgiveness and acceptance.
Or a Doc Marten up side of the gluteous maximus.... :-D
Happy Birthday my friend! And yes, you're going to live to be at least 88!
XXOO~~
Anne
Happy Birthday Elena!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for the gift...you are an outstanding writer...a joy to read.
PS: try for 88...sounds like a magical age.
♥♥♥