"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Going Sane"

First I want to say thank you for the beautiful comments
for my mug shot on the previous post
I am proud to say I haven't deleted it

A quick peek at the blog posts lately confirms that the Artists Way
is making me nuts
Or perhaps what I told my friend is actually true
I said doing the Artists Way is like stirring the gravel in a fish bowl
All the crap swirls around and around
You can leave it and wait for it to settle (but it'll still be there building up)
Or you can clean it out
Who would have know I had so much hidden crap?!

I'm having trouble understanding this inner child thing
But from the temper tantrums happening around a certain studio
I'm not dismissing the whole idea
 The images in my head swirl gloriously
But there is a translation problem between head and hand
The head shouts to the hand that it looks all wrong
Absolutely not the image it had; the hand screams back 'you do it then'
And my feet join in the fight by stomping out of the studio
I dramatically throw myself at my tribes' feet 
as I moan that I must be wishfully thinking that I possess an artistic gift
and dramatically wonder how to sell my supplies
And yet, I can't walk away
It's like having a crush on someone who doesn't know you're alive
That feeling when we've connected is intoxicating
So it must love me back right?
Damned temperamental muse

So as I walk around the latest disaster pleading for the head and hand
to just play nice
this song kept running through my head 
I thought Yes! That is what painting/drawing makes me feel like!
 Pink's lyrics "It's only half past the point of no return~ 
The tip of the iceberg, the sun before the burn~ 
The thunder before lightning, the breath before the phrase~ 
Have you ever felt this way?
So if I have those feelings then I must possess some talent (right?right!)
I mean the art gods can't be so cruel that they would let me see
what the creations will look like in my mind
but not give them life
would they?
I just need a translator
I wonder if Rosetta Stone has one
Or maybe I'm fooling myself
Arghh!

Ok so since you shared the love on the previous post
and put up with my dramatic meltdowns (heehee)
Or as Julia Cameron says in the Artists Way
"At first going sane can feel just like going crazy"

I'm giving away this book


Art Saves by Jenny Doh
the title is poetic justice no?

So if you're interested in the book
Leave me a note that says ay or nay
And I'll pick someone on Sunday 9/25

8 comments:

  1. She loves you, we love you, now love yourself and nurture that innocent, precious, little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe I just bought this book from Amazon last week?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! From the heart. Poetic. Thoughtful. True.

    There are just times where things don't go right. Plateaus. Lulls. Muses go on coffee breaks. But I believe that you shall be back with a joyous vengeance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know how I feel about all this stuff my friend! The fish tank analogy is spot on too. That book! What a gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena do you remember it was a year ago you were dancing around your studio creating? Remember the feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with John...I remember that post when you were dancing away and painting.
    Time to do it again, on a regular basis.
    Pop me in the drawing; I have not seen that book but it sounds quite interesting.
    And yes, yes, YES!
    You have talent.
    Think I have said that before...could be wrong....doubt it! ;-D

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, Sister, our post are very related today. No coinkidink, I think.
    Tune into that joy in creating - that is going to take you to the place your Artist Soul wants to be !!!
    Happy Thursday to one of the Sanest Kooks I know ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems you have your focus in the right direction so that is good. Keep going and you will get there. Quit and you won't.

    Looks like a great book, please put my name in the hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!