It's funny what the Artists Way is opening up lately
Or perhaps that last post scared you and you don't think it's funny (heehee)
~
Is it possible for a person to exude an inner light?
Perhaps something that shines brightly when all the senses are fully aligned?
At my happiest right before marriage #1
Someone pointed out that little kids behaved strangely around me
As I walked past they would stop what they were doing and their heads would turn
Their eyes following me until I was out of sight
It was the creepiest thing I'd ever seen (ala Children of the Corn)
It became a sort of game to pop in and out of a store aisle to see if they'd stop
Only to find their little eyes still staring
But the funny thing is, when I started my downhill slide into sadness
The kids never gave me a second glance...ever
Intrigued I wondered
could the inner light be affected by our situations
and could others sense it
I knew children and animals could
Then I remembered uncomfortable situations with guys (and girls)
in the neighborhood and at work
who I hardly knew and professed their love
Confused I wondered if I had done something to lead them on
But now I wonder
Could it be that, barring any physical attraction,
they could sense something else?
I've done it too; attracted to someone I normally wouldn't glance at
And later realizing it was their passion for life that I was attracted to
I've done it too; attracted to someone I normally wouldn't glance at
And later realizing it was their passion for life that I was attracted to
Intrigued, I called hubby #1 and asked why he liked me
"You used to be so happy, something about you,...
And then it was like the light in your eyes died"
Aha, he said 'light'!
Hubby #2 and I talked about this
I told him perhaps people lose their way and succumb to life's realities
they wander in the 'dark' like moths in the night
and someone comes along who exudes 'light'
and they are attracted to it
think they're in love
when what they long for is the light to be reignited within them
I wish I could reignite the light in everyone
myself included
So my goal is to test this concept
I am going to try to align my six senses more often
and if I get the little ones with head-turning, creepy wide eyed toothless smiles
then I know I have connected to the light
Ok don't worry I'm done freaking y'all out
I'll be back to my regular posts soon!
Promise!

You better not go back to regular posts, whatever that is. I see your soul glowing. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
ReplyDeleteGood one. Shine on.
ReplyDeleteHa! Great timing!! I had something like that happen yesterday. I felt so connected in the morning and then went to the grocery store. I was dressed as usual, hair as usual, no makeup, nothing special at all. I got three compliments! One woman even stopped her car to tell me how beautiful my skirt was - the skirt that is "old as dirt" and I've worn countless times without a single compliment. It wasn't my hair, it wasn't my skirt, it was me being connected and people being drawing to that.
ReplyDeleteFind that light, Elena, and let it shine bright again. You'll light the way for many others!!
Halos in religious paintings are an attempt to represent this exuding inner light. I hope you find your own halo again, Elena!
ReplyDeleteOh, don't leave this spot of en"light"ment. Literally, a lovely posting. Stay open and keep that light shining through....
ReplyDeleteOma Linda
I think we all have inner light, and it is a choice if we choose to let it shine for others or hide it per societal mores/religious demands.
ReplyDeleteA similar experience:
When we went to New Orleans all the time, I would have people stop me and talk. Occasionally it would be a homeless person that would look up and smile as I returned the smile. One man was working on art--stopped what he was doing (I was in the midst of a crowd) and looked directly at me, smiled, and said, "You have such a KIND face." There was a smile on his face I cannot describe.
That was my home for light...a decadent city where I felt totally grounded.
It is harder here, but I still find it.
Don't shut yourself down---this is major growth.
GLOW!!!!
XXOO~~
Anne
Hello. Love your en LIGHTened post. Hugs Karen
ReplyDeleteI have been told often that I have "good Light" and I had no clue what that meant at first but slowly have come to the same basic conclusion you have. It's just my postiive energy and natural exuberance for life(kids love me too, odd as I am not a kid person!) I've since taken that and turned my whole life around,hence the name of my blog and my new goal in life-to let my light shine-.Welcome to the Sisterhood of Light! It's always there, whether you know it or not and with your new intentions, you'll be glowly brightly:)
ReplyDeleteI'm not freaked! Your brilliance shines forth, drawing us in like moths. Keep shining. And scratching;-)
ReplyDeletenah... keep in the vein you're in now!
ReplyDeletethat's the 'real' you... methinks...
grats on 'taking' deb's buddha, btw ;)
Wonderful, Elena! I love your explanation of that. You know, my mother was that way with children. Anywhere we would go, they were drawn to her. Waiting rooms, whatever - they would come by her.
ReplyDelete