"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Oh my goodness!

I promised myself I would write things down here no matter how uncomfortable it made me. All in my quest to make myself a better person. So I have to say I am proud of myself (squirm, squirm). I sold the drawing I posted here under Artistic Outing. The owner of the home called me today and made an offer. Seems I drew the birdbath that came from her mom's home. There's sentimental value there.

Thing is, as proud as I am to have actually sold something I drew for the very first time, I'm full of conflicting emotions.

I don't think it's good enough.

I considered it a draft.

I'm more attached to it than I realized. I had no trouble with the thought of selling/giving a print. But the original? I feel weird.

But for now, I am proud. I sold it to a stranger. And my ego can't justify that.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Elena. I'm very proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've given away some of my favorite carvings and just wish I had taken pictures of all of them. I am taking pictures now, so I don't feel so bad about not having them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the birdbath, which had a lot of sentimental value to the homeowner's mother. How interesting you picked that to sketch, perhaps you felt some ancient energy flying around (Too much Sonia C. influence here, in my words. Elena, it is very tough for me to sell my originals. I put a high price on them or say Not for Sale. I'll even put prints in a frame and display and sell them at a fair. I have paintings and sketches from 20 some years ago under my bed and in closets. I suppose holding onto them does not allow for new creativity to enter. Who knows?
    Still, I say Congrats again it's a beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! I honestly can't explain what drew me to the birdbath. I walked into the yard and made a beeline right to it. I'd like to think that perhaps I was meant to draw it for the owner somehow. When she saw it she looked radiant and I could see her eyes searching my face. Ha, Sonia C. inspires me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!