"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Respite
I find that there is danger in solitude. Left alone with my own thoughts can be both a benefit and disastrous. I played hermit yesterday since hubby worked a 24 hr shift and my son was with his dad. I didn't want to venture out since I find lately that I am overwhelmed by the anger displayed by the road ragers. Why is it that there are so many people who feel entitled? This is evident is so many of the teen drivers in Orland Park. I become so angry that I feel like chasing them down when I see them practically forcing older drivers off the road. There can be so much injustice that it really pisses me off (oops sorry!). My father in law is dying that slow death where the body is shutting down but nature is merciless and won't let him pass in peace. The way the health care system keeps bouncing him around from hospital, to nursing home, to home because of their bureaucratic rules pisses me off. Hearing that my old bosses are still playing their "good ole boy" bullshit pisses me off. So needless to say, all the time I've spent sitting in traffic and watching injustices has taken its toll and leaves me disgusted with humanity. So as not to become like those I dislike, I decided to hide out for a much needed respite. Although I enjoyed my time by tackling a few things I'd been procrastinating on,I haven't touched anything to do with art. A few posts I've read in AW talk about the benefits of being around another artists. I realized then that in cutting myself off from humanity I'm also cutting off the ones I need to realize my growth. Being around other artists inspires me to create. Without them, I don't create - at all. This has been such a stumbling block for me. Perhaps I should work on this one. Atleast I kept busy long enough not to pay attention to my ego.
2 comments:
Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.
Or click here to send me an email
Email me!
Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love to be alone sometimes too, Elena. I have my times when I enjoy being with people, but I do find that I only want to be with people who enjoy nature and the arts the same as me, more and more. I avoid the others. I drive into "busy" Orland as little as possible. If I have to go there, I take the "slow route" as far as I can. People are annoying. What is the matter with them? What a waste. I try not to think about it. Nothing I can do. Maybe that's the wrong way to think, but I guess I try to pull the covers over my head. It is just too depressing and it makes you angry. Enjoy your art! Makes you feel better and at least that's a good thing. No sense in becoming angry unhappy people like them. Just take your sketchbook and go outside and sit. Appreciate your beautiful new surroundings and you will get lost in your drawing. And look at the wonderful times you are sharing with your son.
ReplyDeleteDitto April's comment. I find it rather self serving that people rush down the merging lane to get ahead of everyone else when actually these are the people causing the slow down. I also find it amusing when passed by someone that they are directly ahead of me at the next stoplight. Tee Hee. If I didn't have so much de-cluttering to face, I prefer to be alone and surface occasionally to like minded souls.
ReplyDelete