My hubby tells me I have adult ADHD
Then smiles
I tell him that my free times are so few
I'm trying to squeeze in all the things I need to do
But then I wondered; perhaps I do have attention deficit disorder
It used to bug me that I had 1000 ideas when I was a teen
Then chose a career that instead of being good at one thing
required that I know enough about many things
That one really bugged me
It's as if I absorb all I can in a particular place or time; then move on
In jobs and, yes, perhaps even that first marriage
I still do it now
Not happy at experimenting with one medium I need to try it all
Finding religion isn't enough; I throw myself into spirituality
All you need do is read my blog
To see that I ponder Everything
All you need do is read my blog
To see that I ponder Everything
I flit, I dart
And for the first time that thought wasn't followed by exasperation
Instead the image of the dragonfly in the previous post
popped into my head
And I smiled
No wonder this whole quest started with the hummingbird
And the dragonfly came to remind me
I flit because it's who I am
I flit because it affords the greatest growth for me
Like these two creatures fly up, down, forwards and backwards
Like these two creatures fly up, down, forwards and backwards
I am here to learn the most I can in this lifetime
Thinking back there is not one thing
Not one tiny thing that has happened that has not been used
as preparation for a future event
I am a gatherer; An explorer
And I find peace in that recognition
~ ~ ~
As I sat in the ER with my Mama who has the infection again
I found comfort instead of fear
Thinking back upon all that I've experienced since her illness began
I briefly wonder how I'll use this new knowledge
But I'm not worried
the knowledge is there for when I need it now
And I find peace in that recognition
~ ~ ~
As I sat in the ER with my Mama who has the infection again
I found comfort instead of fear
Thinking back upon all that I've experienced since her illness began
I briefly wonder how I'll use this new knowledge
But I'm not worried
the knowledge is there for when I need it now
Road to adventure has many trails and yours has you looking at yourself and accepting and loving all that you are and becomeing...On never knows why but by acceptance we are free to understand.
ReplyDeletegood thoughts for you mother and guidance for you.. Pray is "God help me see the Truth about myself, to ask for the help I need and then use it" this was in one of mediation books this morning and I thought to share it with you...I'm carrying it with me today..and pass a little your way.
Peace in, out and all around~
~v~Laura
If you had ADHD, you would have other symptoms that you most likely do not have. You probably have FLIT which sounds very interesting and fun. Hugs to your Mama. Love Karen
ReplyDeleteI think we are put here to learn as much as possible.
ReplyDeleteI pity those who choose not to do it; who shut themselves into some little corner and then are unhappy all their lives.
Maybe we really are supposed to flit; that it is our true nature.
To taste and fly.
To absorb and then share.
To fill ourselves with the biggest variety.
No answers, only thoughts to ponder.
XXOO~~
Anne.....ready to flit
Your blog as so aptly named by you, sums it all up. You are on a quest............. That thirst for knowledge needs to be quenched, however the thirst is always there, it is habit forming in the best possible way.
ReplyDeleteAs I write I send to you and your Mom.
I suffer from child rearing induced ADD so I totally get this post! Love how you have turned it into something positive. You are always so very insightful my dear! So sorry Mama's infection is back. Hard stuff. Hugs to you and healing to her.
ReplyDeleteI think what Anne had to say is right on the money. We are supposed to flit, to explore, to taste, to journey and enjoy. It's not natural to be unable to flit. The most creative people I know flit--and they don't have ADHD, although they have been accused of it before. I say embrace it as one of your better qualities and run with it!
ReplyDeleteDear Elena,
ReplyDeleteNo you don't suffer from ADHD what u suffer from is a lack of focus and to some extent possess the naivety of a child...but certainly not ADHD..it's ok to want to do or try new things but we cannot do everything we like from afar (like u cannot have all the flowers u like in a garden..u like some better than the others) the same ways u can do better somethings..identify those..fulfill ur creative urge but don't get lost in the pursuit that's very important
I hope that infection is soon cured and your Mom is home again.
ReplyDeleteHi Elena. Hope your mom's infection clears. You are fine, you don't have adhd. You are going through a lot right now. Remember this saying, "This too shall pass." All things will be better. I'm going now, have to load the dishwasher, sweep, wash clothes, paint....now I forgot what I was going to do. Maybe I have attention deficit disorder, I seem to forget really easy or maybe it's my excuse for not doing housework. I don't forget to paint though. Tee hee.:) bye now.
ReplyDeleteWrite Elena, and never stop. If your words speak to me, just imagine who else they would impact. You have a real talent for getting to the feelings and writing them in the most prolific way. Carry on...it is a gift. ♥♥♥
ReplyDelete