HuGe ThAnKs!!
For all the cool comments, emails, calls to my vanity post
You're right
Not sure why I'm holding onto a closet full of stuff
Kinda like trying to hold onto a misty past
And perhaps my current choice in clothes
is a mere stepping stone to what I'm becoming
Because what it really comes down to
is that I never really liked those closet clothes anyway
I felt stuffy, uncomfortable, like I was playing make-believe
And with a grin I remembered the clothes that used to make me happy
The black and white checkered skirt worn with combat boots
The black shorts worn with eyelet hook boots and black elbow gloves
The motorcycle jacket and harley boots
The tunic top over paisley print tights and suede boots
Get the picture
I never conformed before....I used to march to my own beat
(or I really love boots)
But the sense of loss stayed in my heart today
And I fell upon a very old habit
one I haven't done since I was in my 20s
I listened to old spanish songs
Vicente Fernandez, Alejandro and others like them
watched the videos and felt a pang
The type of songs played loudly in bars with a bottle of tequila
Well unless I'm taking my Mama and the kid with me
there will be no bars or tequila
Instead I watched the videos
saw passion in the singers faces
saw the horses feel the music's passion as they danced along
('prance' doesn't do it justice)
and I felt a yearning
the type of yearning I always feel when I see mariachis and horses
a yearning for something
Something unknown, unnamed at this time, perhaps not in this lifetime
And therein lies the sadness I feel
It's not for the stupid clothes
It's a sense of loss
But tomorrow is another day
And another shot at finding my 'something'
Thanks again!
Y'all rock
Getting tired of hearing that?
I guess most people feel that way at times, wonder if we feel it most at times of transition?
ReplyDeleteI so totally need and want to respond to you. Dealing with a bit of a crisis here and don't have the concentrated thought to respond the way I wish to so will hopefully catch up w/you soon. Love yourself like we love you and you'll know that you are waaaaay more than enough just the way you are. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteAh, mariachi music and tequila and as soon as your mom heals why don't you come down and we'll do just that!! We'll find where the mariachis are playing and get some luscious margaritas or do tequila shots--bring back some good old memories! Sometimes when Jon and I go out, usually to dinner and they have mariachis and they come around and take requests, he says I get this different, very beautiful look on my face and he can just see I'm somewhere else!
ReplyDeleteRight now I think you're searching, you just don't know what you're looking for. Go be quite, lay down on the floor, get comfortable and listen to soft music or chants, or nothing. Don't think, see if you can listen, through the quiet, can you hear your voice, what is your inner self saying? You're searching, so maybe if you listen, you'll hear. Maybe right now you're just trying to find an escape! Maybe you're overwhelmed and you want to find something else. Clean out your closet, donate the clothes, get a tax deduction and reassess what you would like and when you're mom is up to it, go shop!
Love you dear one! Hugs and kisses
I'm PM'ing you on this one. Check your inbox.
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me of a quotation by Rabbi Seymour Siegel -- "In everyone's heart stirs a great homesickness . . . ."
ReplyDeleteYou just need to get to spend some quality time with your Harley, and all will be good......and go buy yourself a pair of Doc Marten boots! Preferably with some funky print on them.
ReplyDeleteTrust me~~they make the soul sing!!!
Kidding aside, we all reach a point where we are moving over the *age hump* and I think looking back is part of it.
But there is so much more FUN to look FORWARD to!
XXOO~~
Anne
Loving you! Hugs Karen
ReplyDelete