~ ~
How similar those two words are, Scared and Sacred
Yet, with profoundly different meanings.
My first thoughts had to do with organized religions
that use fear to keep their followers 'in line'
often times obscuring the true sacred origins
And then I brought it closer to home
wondering what exactly is going on with me
feeling exhausted from the emotional roller coaster
that threatens to throw me overboard into a crumpled heap
And I realize I typed the answer in my response to John
I'm scared
I wondered why I was scared more now
than when my Mama was near death in the hospital
I mean besides a cast she's healthier than ever
And again I realized that when she was in the hospital
and I had those peeks to the other side
that I was feeling a true sacred connection
the one where the feeling of love and safety is magnified
where you realize that there is more than physical limitations
and what I see with my eyes
is only a fraction of what truly exists
that we are not finite
what I see with my eyes is a mere splinter
on that wonderful tree of life
Turns out that my daily exposure
to the news, to medical updates, family reports of woes
has dulled my senses
and I forgot that all of that is fear based
all based on someone being scared
and I was sucked in
And I remembered
that just like me
my son is here on his own quest
my job is not to keep him safe in a bubble but to gently guide him
as he begins his journey
his path is not mine to walk
as much as I may want to
That I have to trust and remember
that we each have something sacred inside
that will always guide us
The key is to look through sacred eyes
thus dulling the scared ones
There's a fine line between those two
but it makes all the difference in the world
Whar a great post Elena, truly! To me when you were writing it, seems like a sacred moment, that wonderful connection?
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing post.
ReplyDeleteIt is not only brilliant but beautiful as well.
This is so brilliant, Elena ! Wow... I am blown away by where you are and what you are sharing here, My Friend. The truth. Perfectly put.
ReplyDeleteHere's to looking at life through our sacred eyes.
Much love and strength to you, Beautiful One.
Loved this post!
ReplyDeleteLove this post, it is so true that monumental sometimes scary occasions teach us about what is truly sacred.
ReplyDeleteI never noticed but you are so right! These words tend to go hand and hand with me.
ReplyDelete