Please visit these wonderful people to see their take on the word.
For my take on Balance, let's visit the comics....
Balanced
Sheltered within my little box of
sunshine, flowers and happiness
Somewhere along the lines
Real life takes over
I forget to balance the good with the bad
Sometimes I ward off the hits
And rebalance
Sometimes
I crumble under the weight of it all
I forget the other side
I live one sided and topple
Something comes along and 'magically'
lifts me off my feet
reminds me of hope and love and light
I think to myself, silly girl
You forgot The Balance
I come out stronger
From the experience
I have seen some of the darkness
And yet I stand
I am resilient
Enthralled by the light
Diving into organized religion, meditation, prayerCreative processes
Wanting more of the light
Of the creative intoxication
I float away
Until real life pulls me back
Reminding me of responsibilities
The need to serve the physical body
And not just the spiritual/creative one
I think to myself, silly girl
You forgot The Balance
I come out stronger and more spiritual
From the experience
I have seen some of the darkness
And I have seen the light
I am reminded that I am both sides
That I am more than my little box
~ ~ ~ ~
Pretty crude comics, huh?
Sorry but the pictures were in my head and in between trying to be with my Mama
And waiting for a huge mulch delivery, they wanted out
This year I've learned the importance of balance
That I am not just a physical creature with real life issues
But that I have a very real creative, spiritualistic, side of Light
And that no matter how bad things seem to be
There is always something waiting to pull me back on my feet
That it is vital for my well being
That I live both sides
I can sway to the left
I can sway to the right
Like the great oak in the middle of a storm
I will not break
I may take some hits
But each makes me stronger for the next one
But most importantly
That I am not here on my own
I have support on the physical and spiritual realms
I am Balanced
----
The next weekword host is UpsideDownBee
But most importantly
That I am not here on my own
I have support on the physical and spiritual realms
I am Balanced
----
The next weekword host is UpsideDownBee



I LOVE this Elena...your drawings are perfect expressions of your words. May you always forgive yourself with lovingkindness when you tip off center....returning gently and compassionately.
ReplyDeleteThis is SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! Every church bulletin should publish it, because while ministers and priests may ramble, the drawings say it ALL!
ReplyDeleteYou totally rock.
And now I am back to my state of nonbalance today, dealing with the life issues that had me swearing a blue streak.
Poor St. Pete is no doubt banging his halo on his scribe-stand..... <:-)
XXOO~~
Anne
Holy Crap! That's a bloody brilliant cartoon!!! Seriously. Turn it in and get it published somewhere. EVERYWHERE!!! It doesn't need the commentary as it completely has the power to stand on its own. So glad you shared all the words here though as they are fantastical as well. What a kick heinnie post!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant work, pictures say much more than words. On balance? A great post. :)
ReplyDeleteI am about to reveal my deep, deep superficiality . . . nice cartoon gazongas!
ReplyDeleteFab cartoon!
ReplyDeleteI'm very late to the party, but I'm also taking part this week!
Balance is right..so is tipping off...that's what makes life interesting :)
ReplyDeleteI love these cartoons! Perfect examples. You are so talented.
ReplyDeleteHallelujah!! Love it, love it, love it. Especially the cartoon--I agree with everyone, you should get it published.
ReplyDeleteI love your drawings - they're gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOkay, let's see - I took off the "stay signed in" check on my blog and now it looks like I will be able to post this comment, Elena! Let's see...
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Mine is finally up. Sorry it took so long!
ReplyDeleteEmily