"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Under dark of night

Because of a recent outbreak of idiotic thugs
attacking people in downtown Chicago
I told my sister to be extra careful coming out of work
She replies that another group of teens were fighting 
in the street in front of the bus
Not long after my kiddo is spewing sarcasm over the phone
And my Mama is telling me of a 14 year old who's expecting a baby

So I've come to the conclusion that something has happened to the 13-19 year olds
and I have a theory

I will present this to the Nation's leaders so that we may begin arming our forces
I will share this with you now in case I 'disappear' in an effort to hush me

During the March tsunami that tilted the Earth
the hole in our ozone layer was torn open and destroyed the invisible sheath
that protects our worlds from alien invasion
something took this opportunity to enter our world undetected

(do you see his ugly mug here)

And in the dark of night
it took over our young ones
It's not very hard to recognize those who have fallen prey
The loving child you knew at bedtime
wakes up with glaring eyes (like those in the alien cloud)
snarling and wanting to break away from home confinement
causing mayhem

I wondered what exactly they did with our young
When the intruders took over their bodies
Until I looked down and saw all the little toads
hopping everywhere after the storm
Until I noticed that these were trying to go inside
into the home and not away

Those alien bastards!
I have no clue which of these is my son
but I think it's the one standing
trying to write a message on the wall


Until our government figures out a way
to get our young back
and send those aliens packing
I'll keep our young protected

Just let me know if you recognize this little guy as your son
and what he prefers to eat
(any peanut allergies?)

And if your young one hasn't exhibited any signs of a takeover
line his head with aluminum foil before he goes to bed
I hear it works well

Signing off for now

~ ~ ~ ~
Perhaps this is a figment of my imagination
Perhaps the young are just being affected by something called
"the teens"
But I think that's just what the government WANTS you to believe

~ ~
Where's that foil?
I lost the kid
Don't want to lose the dogs too

8 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT!!!!
    (no doubt the Men In Black will be on your doorstep soon though....be prepared.....)

    XXOO~~
    Anne :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as good a theory as any I've heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha ha!!!! You're funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have a gift my dear and don't you lose it..the wonderful imagation to see thing in a different light as a way to understand...too funny...My one 19 year old has been acting out a bit and people tell me be thankful you made it this far...and I am but as I did had to have many talks with the "P's" as we would call it when I was younger...Laura...we want you to come downt to the kitchen table...Oh I hated it and that's when I would tear up the paper or napkins and listen to their thougths on life and think Oh yes...they don't know beans about what's going on...well they did and they loved me and I was young and stupid...but the still did it keep feeding me with their love, morals and values..though I bucket it then I so glad that stuck it out with me...do don't give up on our son which I know your not...it's a big change in his life that is so different then when you went though it and it's all about him now and what he sees and has to deal with and by him going through all his he will be building charater and experience to carry him though his life...Ok I"ll shut my trap...sorry just got a rambling and love your take on things...new way to look at it with humor...as I hear it's the straight direction to the heart.. thanks for the laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be stopping by the store today to pick up tin foil. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humor is a great blessing especially when we aim it at ourselves. Great post. As I write I already have the foil on my head......................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching too many movies lately?? Just kidding, you are too funny and sometimes that's what we need to deal with some of our tough situations. If you decide to kiss Nick, remember you could get warts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, boy! Something similar must have happened when I was a teen - I still remember much of those years and it wasn't pretty... LOL!! So glad when those years were over for me... Hang in there, Elena!! Love and hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!