So I got up Monday in what seems to have become a routine. Tired from the restless sleep and already starting to feel sinusey & headachey. I couldn't even think straight enough to post anything. After taking my son to school I was cranky that another day would be wasted. So I headed out to the yard to tackle the wood pile that had to be relocated. I moved about 20 stumps and other branches. A few dizzy spells, a headache, and pounding chest moments just pissed me off more to keep going. And I did, and I finished. So ha! take that.
It took that moment of physical activity to get me off the pity track. I was getting so disgusted with myself for just laying there feeling crappy. I knew I should be doing something but couldn't seem to just do it. And if I mustered the strength, my brain was too dopey to comprehend the tasks. So I read a few old posts and it reminded me that I was on the right track before so it is possible. This is just a momentary setback. And at first it made me angry that I had stepped 'out of the flow' again (although it feels like I've been spit out).
Then I realized that sometimes you have to step out for a moment and recoup. It doesn't mean I'll be here forever. I just have to make sure I don't get too comfortable and join the masses who like to stand at the edge and watch life pass them by. And I have to trust that my brain will begin to function normally again so that I can pick up where I left off.
So if I sound loopier than normal, it's the meds....
HA, who am I kidding
Y'all know me by now!!



It's so grand when we can make the awareness of what we really need to do...and taking the time out to regroup/recoup is a natural and must needed approach to it... thanks for sharing there babe, I'm right with you on all this.. and love the photos of your four legged friend Jazz that knows what to do.. when I was in a native american class awhile ago..Quintin Young, the elder told us that we should watch our four legged friends they always know what to do..and as you can see he is showing you... I always get made that my brain wants me "On" you know like On stage all the time but the body needs time to rebuild the energy I've used or when in times I was sick I need to recoupe that..by resting time.. Incubation time.. all that is natural takes this course... Aho!
ReplyDelete(p.s. what out for the head spinning thought and the heart pounding...a bit scary")
I totally understand. Your body adjusting to new meds--PLUS allergies--is a lot on the system. I have had to take a few days break from my normal blogging due to having a head full of allergy-fog which produces incoherent verbage at best. I have finally, for the most part, learned when I have to rest. (I don't always listen either...)
ReplyDeleteJust take it easy until your body catches up with what it's supposed to be doing now---ease into the physical exercise. And respect the fact that the pollen is horrible, and you'll not feel like doing anything. I am the poster child for that one, and I'm not happy about it!!!
Take care!
XXOO!!
Anne
Elena, I hope you feel better soon!! Are your symptoms all expected ones from the new meds? It seems like a lot of us are sort of "off" lately. I know I sure was yesterday. I would be embarassed to tell you how much of my day was spent in bed!! And then I was sooooo mad at myself for wasting the day!! But in truth, I think I needed it. Sometimes I think the change of seasons/weather affects us all more than we think---even without allergies! Anyway, it's good that you are so aware and I'm sure you'll be back on track soon. If not, maybe the doc needs to adjust your meds???
ReplyDeleteBlood pressure meds can do that to you as they gradually lower your pressure...hang in there..
ReplyDeleteMake sure you check with the pharmacist before takin any over the counter supppliements...some you shouldn't take with med without telling your doc. Have a great sunny day....I'm sure the garden has lots waiting for you...be glad in the day
wow...i'm fuzzy, too !
ReplyDeletewhat i thought was allergies, turned out to be a full blown head cold and between the pressure and medication and the coughing and sneezing...well, it's like i've been taken hostage by aliens determined to suck the life completely out of me....
so i understand completely....and this laying around crap is total crap...you're right about that !....so tomorrow, we are off to the cottage to work....good thing we have lounge chairs on the porch just in case my head gets to heavy to carry around.
Hugs, Karen
ReplyDeleteWell, I think the cutout chasing you was me. I used to draw dolls and clothes for my friends in grade school. I'm certain it's time for play... in the sun with fresh air and maybe a good picture book while you sunbathe with Jazz.
ReplyDelete