"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Absolute Beauty

Nature teaches that absolute beauty is fleeting
Sunsets are short lived
 gone in the blink of an eye
The radiant magnificence of autumn colors blown away by chill winds
Quiet, glittering snowfalls trampled
by rush hour traffic
The smell of earth awakening on a spring morning before
the diesel trucks zoom by
All snapshots of absolute beauty
Moments that remind us that we are
 surrounded by beauty
Everyday beauty that can be more glorious
 if we just take a moment to look
So why do we insist on placing so much importance on physical beauty
Like nature, we have our own seasons and landscapes
Our own beauty with moments of absolute beauty
                                                Visible to those who take the time



Absolute beauty is inherent
in everything and everyone
But I suppose if it were a daily event...


 nobody would take the time to appreciate it




3 comments:

  1. This is so true and so beautiful!! Did you write this yourself?? This makes me think about how I always want to live where there are four seasons!! I love the variety and the different kinds of beauty each season offers us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You have to run faster than beauty." ~Picasso
    I've always needed down time to record nature in the garden. Hope someday I'll get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and your book will be on the shelf right next to mine :)

    this is beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!