"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm Born!

Since the trees have come down the yard looks like a war zone. I was determined to clean up while the weather was still nice. I would have been successful if I had turned off the creative bug inside me. In the middle of cutting, hauling, clearing, burning branches I found...
A monkey....okay, maybe if you squint really hard and pretend he's wearing a white cap with his ears tucked in. Squint!


Legs?   Ooooh, arms? I dropped everything and ran to get the drill, screws, gorilla glue. Then I saw it in my mind's eye...

Welcome to the birth of Rejoice.  Rejoice captures everything I was feeling at the moment. Rejoice throws his arms up to the skies and lets the sun warm his face as he thanks God for the beauty around and growing within him. My trees may have died, but Rejoice was born.

8 comments:

  1. Elena! This is amazing! Truely. "Rejoice"! And I can see the monkey with his long tail on the left of him? And I have to tell you how much that "traveling mercies" quote means to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling a really big smile for you right now as I read and see you happiness in the moment of creating... Makes me thing what damage we do to ourselves when we don't allow it flow.... what we and other miss from the joy of creation.

    It is truely a delight to witness you happiness Elena, truely is its.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "Rejoice" and I didn't have to squint to see the monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....I love rejoice !
    you are a creative soul aren't you ?

    and yes, I did see the monkey but more so because of the tail....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monkey see!! Monkey do!!! Monkey rejoice!!!
    A new slant on an old saying!!! Love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Beautiful post. Warmly, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. The monkey is great! I am blown away with Rejoice. What a fabulous eye you have to have seen this. What a wonderful gift you and the trees have created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!