Pouting
And laughing at my pouting
I don't want to go
I don't know why
Does it make sense that I need quiet right now
Again, I don't know why
This is what I wanted
- not to feel lonely
- to have hubby bonding time
But that's not what happens
I'll migrate to the sidelines to fend for myself
I haven't been drinking anymore
I don't know why
It's too loud - I can't hear myself think
I feel like odd man out
I don't know why
So I'm looking for any excuse
Perhaps if I make myself catch a cold
I don't know why
But for now, I'm trying to find an art workshop
If I do, I know I'll be excused from the party
So, yes, I'm pouting
And laughing at my silliness
So, yes, I'm pouting
And laughing at my silliness
I don't know why
For me when I'm in a confused state... that just means there great growth going on underneath and it will reveal itself soon, have patience and trust that all this will be sifted to the side and the true self will come up with great beauty. think if the young plant under the earth all spouting in many directions, and you really can make out what kind of plant it's going to be till it start to break the surface then you see it emerge and unfold letting it self open up to the good energies all around.
ReplyDelete~v~Laura
First off, you made my day with the pumpkin photo. It's very expressive and fits your story and the feelings involved very well. Where did you get the photo? And if you took it, I'm very impressed.
ReplyDeleteI understand where you're at.Pouting and laughing are all part of the process. And I started the morning laughing at the pumpkin and then laughing at your where you are it. But laughing with joy, Elena, there's a difference. It seems a good step to me, to be in that state where you are listening to your, your soul. When you start quieting down within, the world does seem to get louder. Yet, that pleasing others voice can be a tough barrier on your personal path. I'd love to have an art workshop/gathering with you and/or anyone else. What day is the halloween party on? Here I am helping you rock the boat, Hey, maybe we can carve some pumpkins like the one in the image. Have a pumpkin party carving who we are? Hm, a thought.....
Love and hugs to you. You is a great woman!
Leave it to me to be contrary. I say go.
ReplyDeleteGo where you fear to go..do what you fear to do.
I say reach outside of the box you have imposed on yourself. If your hubby wants you there..and I'm sure he does..won't have to explain why you aren't there..that is good enough reason.
When we start to act seperatley from our spouses at gatherings..it brings seperateness
Stay close to him and enjoy his company around his family....you are a team afterall.
A workshop is just an excuse to avoid.
There is no healing or gathering of strength in avoidance.
So hate me...
I loved the pumpkin...you are talented in so many ways!
Love the "puking pumpkin"!!! He's great! Hope you are doing ok. You seem a mite quiet to me.
ReplyDeleteI just had mixed emotions over going to family dinner when I rarely have time off. I went and really just relaxed. It was pleasant. And the pumpkin is fantastic!
ReplyDelete