Few more boyfriends, same thing. "What's wrong with you; why can't you be happy with what you have?" Because I want more...
First marriage. I really tried. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I buried myself in my work - atleast I was good at that. But that damned little ember started up again and caused trouble. "What's wrong with you, why can't you be happy with what you have?" Because I want more...
Don't they get it? I'm not materialistic. I don't want things. I want more...
My new hubby gets it. I don't. I rollercoaster emotionally and he's there waiting to cheer me on or dust me off. I don't know what more is. He says it's time to find myself. I say, let's run away.
In Tama's book, This Time I Dance, she says "The truth never leaves us alone." So instead of running away from the constant internal call for more, I'm facing it head on. I've tried ignoring it, covering it up with other distractions, running away, but it's always there and getting louder this time. Funny thing is, my many layers are peeling away little by little and I'm actually curious to see what will be uncovered. Figured nothing's changed from my usual way of dealing with the call - so I'll try this. What do I have to lose.
Perhaps I'll finally find out what more actually is.
I see an embossed life
ReplyDelete-raised above the surface...embellished
so much said with play
I knew blue would show up
keep at it
I'm not sure what "more" is either but I know it's out there!! I've been reading "Eat Pray Love", a little at a time before I go to sleep at night. Talk about a woman searching for more!! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!! For ALL of us!!!
ReplyDeleteexcellent picture to go with your post, Elena.
ReplyDeleteOh Elena! I so understand this need for the elusive "more!" Maybe art will help you express these feelings that there are no words for.
ReplyDeleteI, too, find little pleasure in materialism. For a while that need for "more" was filled with work and motherhood. Now I keep running into brick walls, head-first, as I explore and dismiss my options. But I keep trying, and art has been a constant in that process.
I wish you well on your journey!
:0)
Hugs,
Angela
I remember needing more. When my third child was born, I realized my husband was sick and the only love in the home was between my children and myself. He didn't want me to have more. I'm still wondering if it's attainable.
ReplyDeleteI once had a poster that read, "The truth will set you free ... but first it will make you miserable." It was true ... but freedom is wonderful.
ReplyDelete