"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Anger

REGRETS
I regret getting divorced
I regret getting remarried
I regret having married someone alot older
I regret quitting work
I regret not having pursued the arts
I regret not having joined the Marines
I regret having a hysterectomy
I regret having no girlfriends to consult





IF I
If I had money and my son was on his own....
I would pack my bike and hit the road
I would head West and stop at small towns
I would eat at Ma & Pa restaurants and try the pies
I would have a beer with the locals
I would build a fire and sleep in the woods
I would try to count the stars
I would jump back on the bike and continue West
I would search out the wild Mustang
I would help out on farms
I would join a cattle drive
I would never unpack
I would keep moving
I would never put down roots

8 comments:

  1. you will be wherever you run away to even if you don't unpack.
    Make no more regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read Pull of the Moon by Elizabeth Berg, maybe it will help to enjoy it vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. I have been impatient to do many things while my son was growing up. Eventually I was able to accept that it just wasn't the right time for some of them. Now he is 19 and I am starting to do some of those things, slowly but surely!! As for regrets, I try very hard to not regret things. I try to have faith in the fact that I am where I am supposed to be and everything has happened for a reason. Not always easy, I know, but I keep trying. Maybe because I can't find any upside to having regrets???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes. See you then sleep well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like this black and whiteness. There's some very strong emotions coming to the surface and in my case when that happens it makes me a bit confused. Almost as if I need to have someone jump inside me and tell me what to do at that given moment. Directions is what I find I'm seeking. I would love to be this wilderness lady/woman and be a hard worker and let nature be my neighbor... but reality check is I'm not there yet and not going to say never on the idea but in my yardage can I create what I so long to have? Can I create an atmosphere and environment like I want... Sure thing. I've got some things happening and loving it. So now you see I'm rambling. I'm like the fire in you belly lady... have faith it will all settle soon.
    I also found which gave me some peace that in my state of unknow or confusion I was actually growing. I was in the awkward state of growth... So when I'm like that which I'm feeling it well up too I talk my self down to the state that I'm just growning. And it's not a pretty sight right now but I'm growing. Keeps a positive strenght to it.
    Call me any time lady ~ I need girl friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena, I seem to be even more technologically challenged than I thought. I tried to send you an e-mail but didn't understand what popped up when I clicked on "e-mail" me! So here's mine,
    robinalayne_neumann@comcast.net
    And thank you so much for your very kind offer! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! mine is suzyhannus@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of comments to comb through, you are one popular lady! We learn by mistakes, there is no book or course that can teach us better than mistakes. Relish them as growth. We move forward when we are uncomfortable, not when we are gratified. You are doing great. Love the photos... and the honesty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!