"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bravo Laura!

I have issues. When I'm at the gas station, I need to stop pumping gas at an even number. If I plant or buy something, it must be in even numbers. I do this with shapes, sizes, on and on. It's not so bad as to be considered a disorder...it's just a little annoying "arghhh" moment. So what do I do? I sign up for collage class. Confront those demons!

Laura had us do warm up exercises to loosen up the creative muscles (not to remove my muffin top). And I wanted to arrange things by size or amounts or bring out the ruler. We played with a crayon and oh I forgot how fun that could be. Then she released us to begin arranging our first collage. Oh oh.

I didn't want to tear my papers. I had become attached to them. I worked hard creating those little masterpieces. Okay maybe not hard. And maybe not masterpieces. But they were mine. And they were sorted and put away neatly. So I picked my ugliest and nervously put one down. Next thing I know I'm tearing and slapping them down and rearranging and WOW - I WAS HAVING FUN! Me...having fun at being haphazard. Since I always leave early I pushed through to finish enough in case I had questions. I left that class with a huge grin. I had a taste of passion...and I LIKED it. What is it about creating that can turn my mood around instantly. I left there with a goofy smirk and bopping to the music on the radio.
All I want to do now is finish my collage and start on others. But of course now I'm busy with the women's league. Octoberfest is Saturday and we're trying to get ready for that. Pitiful - I left the meeting tonight with a bag full of magazines I gathered from the woman's home. Another has promised to gather her spares as well. Come Sunday - I'm hiding!

So this is my first official collage. It's not done yet - I don't think I ever finish any project. Maybe I'll break out some of my favorite papers next time....

The coloring is a bit off on this electronic image - but it gives you an idea.

Bravo Laura for helping me let loose.

7 comments:

  1. You bring a smile to my heart lady... I'm so happy for you and your experience. enjoy it...there's more to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you recognized that passion... it'll get easier to fall back into now that you know you must pass fear. The collage is wonderful, can't wait to see what you do with your nice papers. And oh... stay away from even numbers, compositions work best with odd numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doris, yes I know about staying away from even numbers. Trust me that when Laura said to use odd numbers I almost fell over. It's the one statement I repeated to my family at home...and they laughed at me. Asked me "so how did you FEEL about that." Notice how I slipped in TWO little circles? Hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't collage wonderful! I love the colors and patterns you used. If this is not your favorite paper, I can't wait to see what you do with paper you love. What a wonderful beginning for your collage journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are off to a great start!! I'm envious!! And it's so great to hear the joy in your "voice"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh ah well done Elena. Hey we would make a great pair as I love odd numbers and always have to have things in odd numbers hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, Elena! I love the colors too and the word and the composition and and and. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!