"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, September 4, 2009

Bling

Okay, I actually created something twice in a row; that's two times in one week. Whew! I'm on a creative roll here. HA! Anyway, I wasn't going to make anything then remembered my pact and before I knew it I was sitting in the middle of another mess. This time I made myself a necklace.

The pendant is a small picture frame that I found at a hardware store. A few of these frames are linked together to form a kid's bracelet.  I cut out a photo of an ocean scene and overlayed a spiral on this paper background. I then found a gloss that my son had from an old craft using bottle caps and covered the paper and spiral (that's why you see the white spots-gloss). Added some beads and tada! Instant bling.

Once I stepped away from it I realized it's rather symbolic. The four beads on the cord represent the forty years it took me to begin my path of self-discovery represented by the spiral. The large bead at the bottom represents fulfillment. It is the moment I learn to live with, and accept, all aspects that make me who I am.

4 comments:

  1. Well done in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy what you produce when you are in "messy mode". Your multifaceted self is really coming out. I find the creative process so symbolic and transformational, seems you do too. You seem to be really embracing yourself and letting loose and read your creative process with the necklace, I thought, hm, has a collage feel....moving along to Laura's class.......
    How about a photo with the necklace around your neck, young lady? I'm a pushy broad but mean well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, I see now you necklace, I was admiring it when you stopped by yesterday and because of what every reason I didn't but Now I see(have more time this morning to see everyone blog) that you made the necklace. How wonderful. It was so nice to meet you,your son and Jake. I should have pulled my hubby on out of the man cave to introduce you to him, sorry wasn't thinking... But I like Jake, seems like a good level headed man. He's a keeper Elena you have a good thing there and I think he knows it in you. I can see the love he has for you. Can't wait to get to know you better. Peace lady. loving the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely growth symbol! To cherish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!