I love old trees, the ocean and the moon. They are quiet old souls. As I sit and watch them I wonder....
Did someone sit here gazing upon you as I do now?
Did someone lean against your trunk and confide their secrets to you?
Did someone use your leaves to wipe away their tears?
Did someone profess their love under your watchful eye?
Did someone stand at your waters' edge ready to end it all?
Did someone gaze upon your reflections and catch their breath?
Did you witness great wars and great loves?
Have you gazed upon my ancestors - what were they like?
Have you watched the changes; confused by our folly?
What secrets do you hold?
~~~~~
ANYWAY, I decided to play with chalk and pastels this time around. I like the word play. It gives me the freedom from having to be perfect. When my ego started to complain about the reflection and trees not being perfect, I told it to keep still - I'm only playing.



Good practice there lady!
ReplyDeleteOh Elena, I love these! All three! Can you make cards out of these? Prints? I love the deepness of them
ReplyDeleteI like these, it looks like looking up into trees. YAY PLAY! It rhymes for a reason :D
ReplyDelete