"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Doodles

Ok, it was hard to decide to post these. Seems that I can blurt out anything I'm thinking on this blog. But to actually post my doodles feels like I'm walking around naked (yikes!-not pretty!). First I still have a hard time accepting that I may have a bit of artistic talent. Secondly when the doodles don't look ANYTHING like what's in my head, MAN (the ego) is fueled to begin his negative chant. But I figured if I post it, I'll be taking one step forward to get over a fear. Besides I'm so enthralled with the playing of white on black...I need to keep playing with this. So I can get better........I guess there's importance to doodles. Like mental exercise.
Anyway, these sketches captured what's in my head lately. Trees, of course. But I think I'm starting to think of winter...
I love horses so would you believe I'm afraid of them? I don't know how to ride although I've been on a couple. Maybe that's why I'm afraid of them. But I can stare at them all day. The way their muscles move, their majesticness....
And I'm so so curious about life after death. When my dad was dying he was 'seeing' people around him. In the hospital he would tell me that my dead brother had just walked out of the room and would he be back. I'd tell him he went to the cafeteria. He'd scold my mom for not saying hello to his dead niece and point at the empty corner. Since the day of his death I truly believe he was escorted by his parents. I felt it. So if we can see the beauty around us and experience nature's magic, like a caterpillar/butterfly, why couldn't there be this other realm. There's alot I didn't see when I was so busy with work that I'm now seeing around me for the first time. So why not?
Just things that make you go, "hmmmmm"....

5 comments:

  1. I didn't read you post yet but you drawings are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting in the zone!!!!!!!!! Keep going! They're great....there will no stopping you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how you can create light out of chalk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena,
    These are glorious. I so see yourself coming alive with these images, which have almost a haunting hallowiney (sp?) feel.Looks great on black background. Lots of energy emitting from that chalk of yours. That horse is neighing right through my computer screen. You are gifted in so many mediums, I am quite dazzled. Your words and images go hand in hand, adding emotional impact.
    Elena, you are an adventurous artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!