"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My pact

I wanted to test out my new found theory that my life becomes dramatically difficult if I ignore my creativity. So I've decided to make a pact with myself. I will try to create atleast one thing a day, similar to Stevie's one sketch a day. Except that I will not limit myself to one specific creative endeavor. Whatever this crazy soul of mine feels like creating she has free reign and in return I'll try to keep my ego in check.

So here's my first creative endeavor. It's not finished but I felt I'd share it anyway. It's my first full watercolor so I kinda made it up as I went along. So don't cringe if something looks weird. Besides, the transition to computer was a bit odd. The sky really isn't brown! The picture is based on a trip to Napa Valley wine country with my family a few years ago. I was on cloud nine as I created, singing out loud, bopping to the music as I sat on the floor surrounded by a mess. I found out I'm really messy when I create.

5 comments:

  1. I've been playing with watercolors, but I can never get the backgrounds to look like actual things. This is good. I like the roses, I want to have roses even if they stab me when ever I encounter one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your happiness just oozes out of the picture. I'm lovin' it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is so lovely---it makes me want to head for California!!! And how cool that you were singing and enjohying the music and creating!! Don't you wish you could have that feeling all the time?? Or at least more often??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all, you're too kind. Stevie, I'm surprised you could tell they're roses! And yep, I sure wish I could keep that feeling all the time instead of the roller coastering I tend to do.

    Robin - Meant to say thanks for the Artist Way info at the Center. I was about to sign up for the morning class when I realized it's at the same time as Laura's collage class I'm taking. Hopefully, they'll offer it again soon so I can take the center's class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!