"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, October 5, 2009

Compartments

I'm feeling oddly disconnected - as if I've suddenly washed upon shallow ground in the swirling waters of my life. Sure, you may think it's due to the passing of my father-in-law but not really. You'll think of me as a cold-hearted wench but I'm actually happy he has passed on. It was inhuman to have experienced life as he did in the last few years. I'm sad for his wife of 50+ years and his two sons. They had a happy childhood with this man. They'll miss him in a way I'll only understand when I lose my mom. But my disconnection has to do with feelings that are coming up that I've been trying to keep squished way deep down. I'm trying not to acknowledge them which is only working if I stay numbed. Cool until I try working on a collage. I ended up with a bunch of torn papers and something that closely resembles my state of mind. A jumble of nothing. So I've learned that you can't squash your feelings and still expect feelings to produce artwork. Damn. Why doesn't the mind come with little compartments where I can lock things up I don't want to think about but yet allow all creativity to flow unencumbered.

Speaking of compartments, I've been wanting a wooden library cabinet; the kind that used to hold library index cards. I was discouraged by the prices and finally decided to ask the "cosmos". I said it would be nice if I could find an inexpensive cabinet for my studio to hold all my little things. A few days later I ran into an old post on Craigslist. The guy said he had one left at Lewis Univ.. It's not exactly what I wanted but it was cheap and it's wood. It will do fine and I can always work on it if I insist.

Wonder if the "cosmos" will send me peace of mind if I ask.


4 comments:

  1. Nice cabinet.
    and let the feelings flow
    you don't have to be an artist...it isn't written anywhere
    you'll find out in due time what your calling is for you..maybe art, maybe not
    But it is important to be grateful every night before you go to bed for something and many things
    and it is important that when you wake up are grateful for a new day with possibilities
    and don't forget to put a smile on your face
    the rest of the body responds
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... love what the cosmos are passing on to you lately lady.

    ~v~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the librarian in grade school trying to teach us how to use the cards in those. I never really understood but I thought all the cards and the cabinet were really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic is that! Now what to put in all those drawers and how to label?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!