"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, September 27, 2010

Appreciation

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation,
are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, 
they want rain without thunder and lightning" 
Frederick Douglass

I figured out that in order to appreciate the good I need to acknowledge the bad.
I forgot that it was all about balance. 
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'm pretty content with this photo since I continually strive
to push my little camera to the limits.
Time to do the same with myself
~I've checked off item #13~

11 comments:

  1. Great photograph ad great "little" camera. Well done on 13 and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I've been watching your list. Glad you found one to mark off ;)
    I am working on one for myself and will post soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Can't wait to hear more about your mentor. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! The photo rocks---I cannot scold you for being out in a lightening storm as *someone* I know (intimately!) does the same. heehee!
    Glad you got the photo; glad you are okay!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I knew you could handle that camera..no problem..and find a mentor...you are a delight
    it's the believing part you have trouble with
    ..reporting from the weeds

    hey! I noticed #19...cracked me up...it's that hard isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! What a shot ! How cool to have a mentor! We d have so much to teach one another and living the day with a learner's heart is definitely the way to go. I hope Tuesday is good to you, Brave One ! Big Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what did you paint on a 36 x 48 canvas? Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is a great shot! How neat that you have a mentor in art. I need that too. Have a great Tuesday and your list is really winding down. Congrats! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house looks gorgeous at night. That lightning, such a wonderful energetic sign from the Universe. At the right place, at the right time, Elena!
    I'm still looking for a mentor. Congrats on that. How does one find a mentor, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what an amazing photo!! I tried that the other day, but the there was so much lightening that it just looked like daylight. Yours is much better!! Yeah for #13 (my lucky number!). Way to go!!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just punch the like button? I do like it and perfect words alongside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, I don't own them. My mother and step-father (more like a father) do. They're super generous with sharing. The Farm is a really cool place where they board. The owner is a doll, there are sheep, donkeys, pot bellied pigs, llamas and more! Oh and she sells The Best-best-best free range eggs. Is Janesville, WI close enough?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!