"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Price check, please

My Mama slept over last night and I was in seventh heaven. I get to have her all to myself and make her tell me over and over how I'm her favorite (hee hee). But she won't let me record her so that I won't start any sibling rivalries. As if I would do that (as I text my sister to say Mama loves me most). Ha! All done in jest. I love them all and I'm the baby so I know my place.

We had a great time going for breakfast in town where you can have a full breakfast for two people for $11 and hear the farmers talk about how many acres they harvested yesterday. We walked into the pharmacy where I could gawk at all the old medicine bottles on display at the counter. I swear I was born in the wrong century. Ahhhh did I say seventh heaven?

Riding through town and waving at the people we passed, I laughed. "See, Mama, I could wave here without getting shot at because some near-sighted gang banger mistakenly thinks I'm representing to him." She understood the humor.

We stopped to buy bird seed and as I walked out of the aisle I saw an angel display. It was that moment of 'spotlight with choirs singing AHHHH'. They were so cool; etched metal wall hangings. I love etched metal. I love metal. My Mama is laughing at me as I pick up handfuls trying to decide which I want as I mentally calculate how much I can afford. I narrow it down to two and reluctantly settle on one when I really want two.

The cashier rings up the bird seed and the angel and frowns. I ask why and she says it's a set of two. I say it's not. She looks at the price tag and says yes, it says set of two. I look at her like she has two heads. I saw the tag and it doesn't say that. So I humor her and go look at the display thinking perhaps I missed a base or something. I bring back the other angel and say "See? Nothing!" She frowns again and calls the manager who says they are single pieces until the cashier shows her the tag and the screen. They both frown. Set of two they say. I insist. It can't be a set of two. They are individually marked and not clipped together. By then my Mama is looking at me ready to kick me. Because there I am fighting to buy one when they're trying to give me two. I say ok, thanks.

I walk out staring at the receipt. It doesn't say set of two. I pull out the angels and look at the price tag the cashier kept frowning at. It doesn't say set of two. What the hell where they talking about! My Mama is slowly shaking her head saying, "If I didn't believe you before I do now. Your angels follow you and wanted you to have both." I said yeah I guess but how is that possible.

Seventh heaven.

I wonder if that'll work on a new pair of Harley boots....

...ummm angels?

10 comments:

  1. These little miracles are quite profound when they happen. Maybe part of the miracle was your "Mama" being there to share it with you? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quick...run out and get those boots just in case :)

    and those angels....well obviously you meant to have both of them.....

    EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See.....now we both know.
    Our angels follow us, and between you and me, we keep them working overtime! ;D
    I am sure mine have tarnished halos and a few loose feathers......

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure those harley boots are sold in sets of two! Pix of the angels please? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pics please !!!
    Love this ! "The universe is conspiring in your favor" is the quote from the piece of art I recently won from the Choosing Beauty blog.(http://www.choosingbeauty.com/) This is a good kind of consipracy theory ! ;)
    Get thee to the boot store, Angel !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how wonderful! They were meant to be yours. Wonder what secrets they will whisper in your ear. Do tell!

    p.s. If you want to mark off #6, let me know! I have two horses for you to pick from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena, they were meant to be with you. I'm sure you have always had an Angel at your side, as we all do, but now you have 3. I think it had a lot to do with your mom being there. Yay for Angels! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet!!! What angel would not want to follow you? Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our angels not only follow us...they NEVER leave our side... and obviously they wanted you to have the two. I have so many things that the angels wanted me to "have" that I unexplainedly had the extra money for or similar. I've spent hours trying to add up where the extra dollars came from or what I have forgotten to pay and the figures just haven't added up. In the end I give up and just thank the angel for their gift.
    The more you speak to them and ask for their help and guidance the more you'll notice them in your life :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!