"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, September 20, 2010

A Dance Called Balance

It seems that for the last few days I've been thinking about the importance of balance. Of maintaining balance amongst my thoughts, actions, feelings. Perfecting the act of tweaking things a bit here and there so I don't dwell too much in the past or too far in the future. Of not putting all my thoughts into spiritual needs and ignoring the physical ones. Of keeping my feet (or atleast a toe) anchored as I reach for the stars.

This thought was reinforced when I received a call from Lee saying she had fallen off the motorcycle. She escaped with a broken wrist but a scraped helmet and jacket proved it could have been much much worse. Coming around a curve and hitting a bump in the road caused her bike to lose its balance. Once equilibrium was lost, she and the bike tumbled along the road.

Hubby came home today with news that his mom isn't doing well. He asked if I thought death was a reward. I asked if I was supposed to answer the way I normally would or should I tell him what I really thought. Asking for my true thoughts I said I believed death was a reward. I feel it's like we're sent to boarding school to learn specific lessons and once we've passed we're called back Home. I said I thought it was a happy occasion for the person 'graduating' but that those of us left behind selfishly (and understandably) want to keep them with us because we can't imagine never seeing them again. But if we could remember not to think of ourselves only in the physical sense that we would understand that we will see each other again in spirit. And while we talked I remembered a new baby had joined our family yesterday.

Death balancing Life.

And it's all around us. Fall balancing Summer and Winter, the old balancing the young, birth balancing death and I realize it's all like a perfectly choreographed dance. It's the way Nature intended. We must go with the flow, dancing a bit to the left then to the right. Like the bird riding the air current, or the surfer riding the wave. Keeping in perfect harmony to avoid tumbling along the path. And when we hit that occasional bump in the road, hoping we've prepared enough to minimize the impact so that we can once again regain our balance.

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I agree that life is beautifully balanced, life and death, light and dark. This is what life should but but unfortunately it has become unbalanced. Things are going wrong. I can't fix it all by myself so I just do what I can.

    I'm sorry that your mother in law isn't doing well. I hope things go okay, what ever okay might be in this instance. And I hope your friend mends quickly from her injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elena

    Great thoughts and words.

    The trouble with spiritual balance is similar to physical balance, sometimes the harder we try the more the wobbles come. Yet we never think about walking on two legs, or riding a bicycle. To start with we fall over but we just keep going till it happens.

    Sorry to hear about your Mother in Law, her journey continues no matter what.

    Would you like me to put her on my ´list?

    Peace and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the same thing. We are all at school learning to become evolved spiritual beings.
    I hope your m-i-l gets better soon and if she has to "graduate" that it will be an easy painless transition for her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace to your mother in law on path in life, an my the great spirit be with your husband and family to help guide them with all questions. and the acceptance of the cycles and seasons in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your explanations also. Profound and comforting. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of the Butterfly Woman dance (explaining transformation) in Women Who Run With the Wolves. Love Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!