"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Bday Present





















My mom spent the night last night and gave me an early birthday present. She made each piece of the flower with clay (?) and attached it to a tree branch. There is so much care in each flower; there are closed buds, flowers that appear to have just opened, and those in full bloom. It was as if she captured the whole family in that tree; her kids, grandkids, great grandkids. It took every evening for a week.

It was symbolic, this little tree. I had just told her how restless I feel; how I'm just drifting with no direction. She said "Patience".

Me? I don't have patience! I need direction, I need to know where I'm going, I need to see the big picture. Then I received the tree and I thought how she took great care to create each flower. Not all the flowers at once. Each flower is its own little creation and together they form the whole.

DARN! I feel sooo close....but not quite there.

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful, in thought, in word, in spirit!
    Early birthday wishes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by !!
    and I only have time right now to read the most current post and can I just say your mom is amazing !!!

    wow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Patience" - a beautiful name for this lovely creation of your mother's. What a beautiful present. She's passing it on to you, Elena.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!