"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stand Still

Sometimes I get caught up taking the overhead view of things. In my determination to live in the past or future, I forget to focus on the now - on what's in front of me. If I'm not careful, I focus on the negative, on what's wrong in the world, the doom & gloom. But if I stop for just a moment, Mother Nature again teaches valuable lessons.

I almost missed this little guy, who took a breakfast break to see what I was doing. He waited for me to get the camera. watching me. I snapped his picture, turned around and came face to face with my other visitor. I wonder how many more things I've missed while I'm living in the past or future? There are lessons all around....in the present.













There's peace, beauty, inspiration all around. I just need to look.

3 comments:

  1. Wow am I on the right blog? It looks fabulous! Not that it didn't before. I'd better go and read the post now and look at the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. Great reminders about stopping to respect and enjoy what surrounds us in the moment. Very nice new look to the blog. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an important lesson that can only come from nature. Beautiful pix!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!