"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, November 11, 2010

11-11-10

If you've been here a while I won't bore you again with my fascination for the numbers that appear so often. Leaving me to wonder just how many 11s can there be on a clock. At first trying to convince myself I had just subconsciously programmed myself to look at the clock at these times. Until they started appearing on receipts, in my car, on time stamps, anywhere/everywhere. Several times a day.

Then believing in Angels led me to Doreen Virtue's Angel Numbers book which defined 1, 11, 111 as a message to keep positive and not focus on fears. I was barraged by the number today, even before remembering that today was 11/11/10. This evening I opened a few random blog posts and the first three dealt with spirituality and 1111. One of those was a YouTube video which of course piqued my interest enough to look at some others. I was more interested in the comments that ranged from belief to those lashing out in anger. I found that highly amusing. That there are still people who react angrily towards things that don't fit their concept of right or wrong. Silly people. Don't they know, my 'right' isn't intended to be their 'right'. We're programmed differently for different experiences in this lifetime.

And as I read some of the beliefs behind repetitive numbers I came to this conclusion. It doesn't matter what anybody says the numbers mean. It's what they mean to me that matters. And I see them the most when I'm trying to crawl back into the rut of 'sleepers'. And the numbers remind me that I'm better than that and the rut is too small for me now. It's like an alarm clock that screeches NO! time to wake up! It reminds me to kick the bad mojo out of my head, open the windows wide, and jump into the world to experience whatever it is I'm here to do. That there is more than meets the eye; just beyond that veil that acts like a cataract.

So what about those who would react angrily to this notion? Perhaps they're still sleeping. Perhaps not. It's their choice, not mine. And it doesn't matter if someone else sees 1111 and it makes them think of saying a prayer, or dancing, or singing as loud as they can, or giving someone a hug....all because it's a little glimmer of hope that says 'yes, there is something bigger, something more than you can see' that lifts their spirits. Because in the end it doesn't matter what we do, because as a collective whole we have lifted our vibes. And somehow that must counteract the bad vibes.

So whatever you believe. Just be happy.
And put your whole heart into it.

11 comments:

  1. Good for you that you've learned to heed the lesson that "Elevens" are trying to tell you when they appear in your life. I have certain symbols that seem to appear repeatedly when I need to pay attention to certain things. Communication from our unconscious is a powerful thing that we can miss so easily if we're not paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and so so true, it is what we take from things that give them meaning to us no matter what anyone else thinks or believes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...somebody upstarted Elena? There, there, there, there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that u have finally made ur peace with the numbers..let the numbers be & play the game & u be the wholesome person that u are moving from living behind there shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! And thanks for the comments on my blog!! It's nice to be AWAKE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing. I see repeating numbers all of the time too.
    I do choose to see them as messages.
    I personally can use all of the help I can get.
    ;-D
    Thank you so much Elena for what you said.
    Blessings all over you dear one!
    Onward and upward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena - 11s for me are about becoming a Master. As you are on a quest, it makes sense to me that you will be seeing lots of 11s, and when you are comfortable in your new role, you will begin to see 22, and 33, etc. You have written a wonderful perspective about 11s. Thanks, and a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you SO get it, elena!! here's to being whole-heart-happy......11 million percent of the time!!! hope you have a great weekend! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. my daughter's best friend had a baby yesterday....11-11-10

    they are both in the military....on a base ! now that's a sign !

    ReplyDelete
  10. So interesting, Elena. I love that. Someone once told me that the number 8 is an important one for me. Hmmm. I just had to post, but feel bad as I have to change the number of comments from 11 to 12!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!