I practically lived at the doctor's office when I was working; was there atleast twice a month. It was great since the doc was located a block away. They couldn't figure out why my heart was racing, why I couldn't breathe, why I had headaches and chest pains, etc etc.. I never had to worry about renewing prescriptions because I was always there. Funny thing since I stopped working...all the ailments went away. I've seen the doc maybe twice in the last two years. The last time I saw him we had the typical grand debate of whether or not I need to stay on high blood pressure pills and hormone patches. Neither of us ever wins. But I did learn that all those illnesses were stress related. All magically disappearing once I quit.
But I think I screwed up royally. I never take my pills. But knowing I need to go see him for a new patch refill, and that he would start scolding about the pills, I started taking them again. I felt like I was hit by a truck yesterday. Every joint hurt. My skin hurt. I was woozy (yep even more than my usual). Finally went to bed at 5 last night and woke up feeling good (except I can't bend to put on my socks). But somewhere in my dreams I wondered if the pills, being a diuretic, could cause the aches. Cuz I'm a camel...don't drink water. A pop or two a day. That's all the liquid.
Whatever it was, except for a bit of lingering stiffness, it seems to be gone. Maybe I'm just getting old. HA!! So I'll soon have to make an appointment to visit the doc for a refill. And confess to what I've done. That's ok. He's used to me. He's the one I made that first appointment with and when he asked why I was there I said "I'm here to interview you." At the end he asked if he was hired. I shook his hand and said it would be a pleasure doing business with him. He has a dry sense of humor and is cranky....and I like him. We've been in our 'relationship' for four years. He'll yell. I'll smile. He'll nod his head.
This is how I feel
And moms don't yell at me
It's rather useless
Drink your water!!!!! It helps EVERYTHING!!!!By the way, since going thru post surgery physical therapy, I now know that I don't ever want any joint replacements!!!! So I think I better get back to the "Fluffy" blog and figure out how to drop about 60 lbs.!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Elena
ReplyDeleteYep, you definately need to drink more water, I don´t drink enough either. As for the meds, after you stopped work and the meds, did you feel better until you started the meds again? Finally are they diet drinks you are taking?
Smile and laughter are great natural "meds", I just need to look in the mirror and see this older guy looking back, I have no idea who he is but it cannot be me, surely not? So I laugh my head off! Great for the laughter lines.
take the blood pressure meds...it's just a pill that may extend your life into old age to be able to see and love your grandchildren and teach them all the things you learned the hard way...and of course because they are your grandchildren they probably won't listen either...but...if you don't take care of hypertension..it kills silently
ReplyDeleteSeems you were doing better without any pills. Try the flavored water if not regular. Flush, flush, flush!
ReplyDeleteSeems like you got a lot of advise. Love ya Karen
ReplyDeleteI meant to say advice.
ReplyDeleteOK I wont yell at you cause you already know what you SHOULD be doing don't you?!!!
ReplyDeleteI am a doc..and a I behave exactly the way u do with my doctors..My docs practically rip their own hairs apart the moment they see my name on their day list...but at the end of the day even if half heartedly I do listen to half of what they say ;)...and now my docs have become pro at how to make to agree with the important half..so just enjoy :)
ReplyDelete