Changing tv channels I found one of my favorite movies
Sister Act with Whoopi Goldberg
I've seen it so many times and I finally figured out why I love it so
It's the tiny timid nun
The one who hardly raises her voice while in the choir
The one who speaks with her eyes lowered
And seems to disappear into the background trying not to be noticed
For the first time today, I caught something she said
"You know how sometimes it's as if you just have to be yourself or you'll just burst?"
And during one of the first songs the nuns sing in church,
the little timid nun belts out some amazing high notes
And it always makes me cry
Something about the pure joy in her face
As she discovers her voice
Or the way her voice just rings with passion
...sometimes you just have to be yourself...
And isn't it like that sometimes
that you prefer to just exist
below the 'radar'
trying not to make waves
be good little boys and girls
all the while squashing your voice
so much so that sometimes you forget who you are
Until one day you burst
And pure passion pours forth
And leaves you exhilirated
Or sometimes
You wait
And know that your true voice lies hidden
And you try to bribe it out of hiding
Begging for a little clue
That may reveal the passion
~ ~ ~
So while I wait
I continue running around like a squirrel gathering nuts
before I run out of time
Still trying to tie up loose ends
And begging for a clue
to who I am
~ ~ ~
Sorry if this sounded mopey, I'm not
Hubby has a sinus & ear infection
Son has a sinus infection and strep
You know what that means
I've started catching a bug
Blah!
I think I should quarantine myself in the studio
Sounds like a good idea. Hide in the studio and stay healthy and have fun :)
ReplyDeleteDo it! They like to share far too much..... ;)
ReplyDeleteI still gather nuts, BTW.
It's a good thing to do---one for each idea; a home for it to incubate in!
Take care my friend.
XXOO~~♥
Anne
I've never seen the movie but I love the quote you pulled! Love the message you received from the movie and your interpretation makes me want to see it. I really love how perceptive you are and that you share with all of us. Er... uh... let me back pedal a bit. I meant share wisdom. Please keep the bug contained!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Creating you beautiful soul!
Let your light shine!
ReplyDeleteyes....lock yourself up now in the studio ?
ReplyDeleteand that whole be yourself attitude....i live it the best i can !!
Brilliant post
ReplyDeleteMy daughter's favorite movie! She knows it by heart! Sister Act Two too! Great tales of triumph, now take that energy and battle that bug before it takes you too!
ReplyDeleteHI Elena..beautful post..so cool as I was up in my stuidio all afternoon recording vocals..and here i come to read this..amazing! I love what you wrote..awesome post!! I used to always hide in the background..I've tramsformed more from that reclusive world..but yes when you find that voice inside or spark ....it changes your world.
ReplyDeletei remember always wanting to hide and hold my light back purposely....I tried hard at containing it and remaining hidden....then something powerful happened to me one day..i began to realise it no longer felt right doing that...in fact it felt really wrong...it really woke me up..I finally let go..so that i could be all that i am....it was a powerful moment in my own little universe.
I hope you dont mind me sharing that long story ha ha. I hope you feel better soon! hugs and sparkles!
Kiki~