No one religion will probably ever meet my needs and I'm perfectly fine with that. In all the years of following a structured religious system I never learned how to love others like I am doing now. I won't follow rules if they seem to serve the flesh and blood leaders more than the good of humanity. Nor can I force those willing to follow the rules to open their eyes because what makes sense to me will not make sense to them. We are all 'wired' differently and that's what makes this place so beautiful. We are here for different reasons so that together we create one beautiful experience. Think of a garden with many different flowers, or rainforest with many varieties of vegetation, or even the beauty of many races together for one event.
I suppose it comes down to listening to our common sense. We know right from wrong. We know our truths.
So thank you for your thoughts!
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions
because they have been handed down for many generations.
because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis,
when you find that anything agrees with reason
and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all,
then accept it and live up to it.”
Buddhist quote

Well done and well said. Like the quote at the end!
ReplyDeleteI agree. I think everyone's spiritual path must be uniquely their own.
ReplyDeleteKudos!
ReplyDelete