"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yike Yay Braindump

Yikes! A woman called to ask if I'd help decorate her little girl's room. Sounds harmless, right? But this is me we're talking about. I cringed. I hate...no...detest decorating. Hate it Hate it. But a little voice said I needed to do this. Why? She just moved into an apartment to escape a domestic abuse situation. The little girl is 6. So I'll cringe and grind my teeth but said ok. With the condition that the little girl help me.
~ ~ ~
Yikes! I just happened to find out my 12 yr old son has his first crush. And the questions he jotted down in his journal had me rolling with laughter. He's 12 and already worried about future schooling, jobs, type of people he'll date. Tee hee...ok yeah yeah I know I had no business reading. But I think he wanted me to. For a few days he kept saying he was starting one and kept leaving it on my table. He knows I'm nosy. 
~ ~ ~
Yay! I'm finding out that the more I create in the journal the more ideas flow through my head while asleep or awake. Some I have no idea how to create as shown in the 'pictures' in my head. But instead of worrying about it I'm jotting thoughts down in a sketchbook. I know my hubby cringes as he sees the many projects I'm working on at the same time. Says 'yep, that's Elena' to which I reply "Hey, the bloggers do it too!...I have to wait for paint to dry so I move onto another." Look at me sounding like I know what I'm talking about. HA!
~ ~ ~
Yay! I've accomplished #9 of the list to the right. I don't even remember why I wanted to design a t-shirt but here it is. It's hard to see but the tree is silver flecked and the spiral and letters are glitter. Not sure if I'm adding anything else yet. My lettering is skewed but that fits me perfectly.


So how do you keep track of ideas in your head?

8 comments:

  1. What a brilliant blog entry!!! Ahem...

    1. what a wonderful opportunity to help a fellow mom in need. how very generous of you to do it. who knows what will reveal itself to you as you work.

    2. aw, cute! a crush. yup, he knows you. if he left it on your desk, he wants you to read it ;)

    3. "Hey, the bloggers do it too!...I have to wait for paint to dry so I move onto another." ha ha ha ha!! awesome quote and yup!

    4. love, love, love the t-shirt! you going to sell them on cafepress.com or something? they would totally sell!!!

    p.s. as far as ideas, I keep scattered notes all over the friggin' house, car, purse, even jot them down on shower walls with tub crayons while I'm showering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your t-shirt design is super! I love the spiral at the root, grounding the tree so its branches and leaves can SOAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally impressed with it all, although I must remember not to leave my diary lying around should you ever visit me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your teeshirt design is very captivating. I keep track of ideas by writing them down, and use lots of post-its, even the fancy ones with flowers and birds on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post...You're t-shirt is awesome!!!!
    and with hubby just do what I do... tell him you're a multi-tasker ;) Only women can do it well!

    Aww so cute your son has a crush....are you sure its his first? hehe
    Its funny what they worry about. I remember driving to pick the girls up from school a few years back and Ethan...who was only about 5 or 6 says 'mum I just saw a really pretty girl over there'
    'did you mate?' I say
    he was quiet for a minute...brain ticking over..then he says 'how will I know who to marry when I grow up?'
    I say 'you'll just know when you want to marry her'
    He says 'but what if she's already married? How will I know who's married or not? What if all the girls are already married?'
    OMG I was thinking how do I answer that? He's only a baby and already worrying about being alone. Trying to think of SOMETHING comforting to say he beats me to it with....
    "I'll just get Spiderman to bash her husband then she can marry me instead"
    Phewwww!!!
    "That might just work mate" I said

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a t-shirt with that on it... and your signature by the side too...think they have sites you can do this on or the personal one that you did would be wonderful...can I put my order in? ...I'm thinking of doing the flash bags one for myself first... I need a new bag for misc. stuff to carry around..now how did I get there..Oh ideas how do you keep track of them..I use to obsess about it but the more I activated on them the better ones always come back when i need them or have time for them...Like in AW it will make it's circle around if you need to look at it again..well that's my belief...letting go of the extra worry of trying to remember all the ideas that my higher spirit keeps throwing my way..that's a job... what a fun post..and about the journal being left out, I did that same thing with my step mom growing up around the same age...I really wanted her to know but not give advice unless we had a moment that it came up..but I personally wanted her to know what was going through my head...good or not but it was a way of communications that felt easier for me then face to face...then I had to see all the body langauge and that bothers me...As I got older though I didn't leave it out there was some personal stuff I really didn't want my parents to know.. so she respected that as far as I know.. but when I left it out it was our way to communicate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blooming relationship between you and your son. Enjoy while he values your opinion! Good that you are decorating. Look at it instead as a gift. Wonderful tee! Keep it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wished i lived closer....you know how i love to decorate... and a little girl's room would be a dream !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!