Sometimes things come along that knock me off my feet flat on my back. Stunned, I lay there for quite some time. Wallowing in self-pity; seeing no way out of the doom & gloom. Usually then replaced by feelings of karma; surely, I’m being paid back for something I’ve done. As I lay sniveling and staring at the black clouds I reach a point where I get angry.
This is a relatively new stage; something just discovered several years ago. And one I truly enjoy. It’s the moment of “wait a minute, I don’t have to take this shit….” It’s the full lunge forward; the lion in fast pursuit of his dinner; the ‘ain’t no stopping me now’ moment. Great things always come out of this moment. But it’s not one I can call upon; it just happens.
The other day hubby said he was surprised I was so docile; if this were happening to my mom or son I would be chewing on the hospital administrators' jugular. I told him it was because I probably had a debt to pay for a past indiscretion. This morning I woke up and dusted myself off. I spent hours on the phone with the insurance company and hospitals and doctors. As a result, hubby was issued marching orders and has picked up my films and referral. I have a diagnostic mammo scheduled for Friday at another hospital. Don’t tell me to wait until someone’s cold goes away….
Now let’s just hope my cells have the same 'teeth-snarling' attitude....
Keep sending positive vibes; it’s working.


I think you'd make a cute redhead
ReplyDeleteBe creative : )
ReplyDeleteGood on you girlfriend. And may I add what a doll you are. Ok that is too cheesy even for me hehehe
ReplyDeleteYou're woman hear you roar.... That's the way to face the crap lady...
ReplyDeleteSo trucker talk there, but your right we do have the right to advocate for ourselves.... We just have to know when and how to and that it's right to ask and poke around a bit... as the hubby in this house always says... the squeaky wheel gets the oil first!!!
In prayer and thoughts lady. And just loving you sense of hummor with this all though you may not be feeling it I'm cheering you creative spirit all the way!
More strength and positive vibes on their way!
ReplyDeleteTerrific! It's always best to be your own passionate advocate. Sending you many positive vibes for your mammo-crammo results!
ReplyDelete