"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Old Goat

Although I don't see them very often, my family and I are close. We don't share deep dark secrets but we love each other. Once in a while I'll get frustrated with the secret-keeping and I'll lash out with a barrage of truths which leave them scratching their heads. I don't have close friends so I don't know how to confide in others. But this blog has been cheap therapy; I come here and dump whatever is in my head to make room for more (aren't you all lucky).

When problems come up I usually hide out and work through them by myself. We all do it in the family. We usually know something is up because suddenly someone is hiding. It's how I handled my divorce. Probably not a good thing because by the time I told the family I had already purchased a condo and moved out. The news hit them like a steam roller. I tried things differently this time and wrote here about my medical concern and you all provided support that encouraged me to tell my family. And all this BEFORE I even go to the doc!

The other part is the hubby. He is unlike anything I've ever dealt with. Where my first hubby would rather not know or discuss, this one sits me down and makes me talk. Hot lights and torture. I know it surprises him how angry I get that he makes me open up. Jeez, can't I just blog him or something? But a small embarrassed part of me likes it. I've never had someone fight for me and it's kinda cool. I mean growing up I felt so invisible and now someone sees me. Yikes.

Well, the referral the doc sent was missing some information so I called his assistant yesterday. She sounded so pissed; like I'd insulted her for asking for a revised referral. I told her exactly what it should include. I asked hubby to pick it up today and he opened it to review it before leaving. Apparently it was missing some key info which he pointed out. Now I know him. He's scary looking and when he's mad his voice is deep and booming. The girl made a mistake of saying well the doc is busy....He refused to leave without it, told them a few things about incompetency, etc. etc. He had the revised referral in a few minutes. I usually have to fight my own battles. I'm not used to this. But it's kinda cool. I feel like a diva with a body guard.

When I mentioned once regretting getting married to someone older was because I'm so afraid of losing him. I finally found someone who actually loves and cares about me. I don't know why he does but he does. And everyday I fight the fear that the cosmos will realize they made a mistake, see that I'm happy, and will take him back.

You should see how he gets when someone rides too close to my bike......


My old goat
I'm not being mean - in Chinese astrology
our birthdays fall under the sign of the goat
So he's the old goat and I'm the young goat
(He's more like Billy Goat Gruff)

8 comments:

  1. He sure is. What a good man you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you really love it all!! Can it be the knight on the shinny iron horse?? I think so lady, not that this compares and I'm not trying to go that route but it always makes me feel so good when my hubby rides up on his iron horse at the end of the art fair to save me.. kind of missed that his year.. (engine in repair)so when I read you post I was brought back to the wonderful feeling that only some like we have married can give us... Honey don't question any more.. He loves you and you him and enjoy this part of the intimacy of a marriage.. well I know I do. Hugs lady, How can I say this with out sounding weird but What you are going through right now is some that will keep on teaching you for along time coming. It's like the time I went through the sweat lodge ceromony... there are things I didn't understand then and now they are making great sense and prayer are getting answered.
    All is good lady all is good.... No matter what happens all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the bad spelling and missed words... I think I meant to say something. Well you know me by now and can fill in the blanks right?? hahaha. peace lady~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a diva with a bodyguard! These new habits of opening up about fears are so positive. Keep that flow going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have each other! I wouldn't know what it's like to have someone else fight my battles for me. Hang onto him and hold him dear! He's your catalyst for growth. Do you feel it?

    Good luck with your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt pretty invisible too when growing up so my hubby always pulls on me to open up when invisible woman comes out now. I get mad (leave me alone!) then all my feelings come gushing out. To have someone who cares for you unconditionally is a great thing. Oh, and isn't it nice to have someone else step in and pick up the reins? That's love!Nice photo, he looks so happy! Bet he's looking at you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lucky are you, that you two goats found each other....

    and the protectiveness over your bike...that cracked me up !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!