"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Who's Afraid of the Dark?

My sister is 12 years older than I. When I was small she used to sit me on the bed in my mom's room and open the closet door. She'd tell me if I got off the bed, the thing in the closet would get me. Then she'd close the bedroom door. I was TERRIFIED. I didn't want to look at the darkness within the open closet but couldn't take my eyes off it so IT wouldn't sneak up on me. All I remember is how hard it was to breathe or even swallow over the lump in my throat.

I'm 42 and still don't like open doors in the dark. I'll shut my eyes and reach in for the light switch. Ha! What a biker, huh? That's how I feel about the tests tomorrow. My gut says all will be okay, but I still can't help being afraid of the dark, the unknown. I want to know and I don't want to know. Silly, yep, but it was also silly to sit on that bed and terrify myself. I should have just jumped off.

Well, I'm jumping off Friday morning....

I just want to get my head back where it belongs. My bodyguard is coming with me. And my sister is spending the weekend over. She's creeped out by the cornfields....hmmm, perhaps it's payback time........hee hee

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you in spirit today.... deep breath and so grateful your knight is there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you!!! Hang in there kiddo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you positive energy, healing and love!

    In there in spirit with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some sunshine to dispel those dark shadows today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking of you this morning, and wanted to see how you are. I am continuing to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure hope you're ok!!! Sending you hugs and love my friend. Anything I can do???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!